Formula 1...

'Dale

Thought Vettel had a good race except he should have pressured 44 more at the end., the error with le clerc was bringing him in to early forcing his hand to having to stop again. Not sure why Ferrari did that as Vettels tyres were good for many laps more. Once that was decided Mercedes were in the pound seats. Le Clerc must be pissed off.  Strategy seems to go against him each time.

post-35569-0-34549200-1572263454_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Vettel had a good race except he should have pressured 44 more at the end., the error with le clerc was bringing him in to early forcing his hand to having to stop again. Not sure why Ferrari did that as Vettels tyres were good for many laps more. Once that was decided Mercedes were in the pound seats. Le Clerc must be pissed off.  Strategy seems to go against him each time.

Not as bad a Norris luck. Would have been the number 1 points earning Mclaren driver if not for car faults.

Not as bad a Norris luck. Would have been the number 1 points earning Mclaren driver if not for car faults.

Yeah, poor Norris, draws the short straw for luck every time.

Class has been shown though.

And Kubika overtook Russel ..theres a first I think , tis normally the other way round. He must of been grinning like a banshee in his helmet.

It reminds me of Marquez in MotoGP, for the last 2 races he has done his outlap to the grid on wets. Possibly to minimize that 1 laps wear on the race tyre, but also to keep opponents guessing as to which tyre they will race.

Perhaps this was the same but then they ran out of time, or worse just forgot to swop over.......

With the way in which leclerc keeps throwing his toys out the cot everytime it dont go his way, I am not surprised. These last few races has made be dislike him more and more.

Will be interesting ferrari team next year

I'm sure the engineers have already found a way to "manipulate" the rules

Yip, the rule makers make rules to stymie the teams and the engineers just find ways around it...happens all the time in F1.

There a very good YouTube video I watched wheee they interviewed past team managers in NASCAR. They shared stories of rule bending and breaking. Was interesting.

Also, it’s a common practice in F1 to have a non native English speaking person read and interpret the rules. Their interpretation in a literal sense often instigates design against the rules. An example of this was the split diffuser design on the Braun car that Button won in.

Sometimes it's best not to think about breaking the rules. Only a mother could love these ugly ducklings.

Look at these "beauties" from 2013 and 2014

Caterham-F1-2013.jpg

Kamui_Kobayashi_2014_Singapore_FP2.jpg