Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa . That was hectic . Car literally in half . He must have climbed straight forward out of that thing . Replay from his car cam stopped just before impact , but that would show exactly how he got out .

On replay he was still in the front part , that’s incredible . Climbing out of the fire like that . 

Edited by Benjamin

What does everyone think of the Halo now? No doubt it saved him from being decapitated by that armco! Then after the restart it did a great job for Stroll when he went upside down.

The intervention by the safety car driver and doctor, remarkable.

The investigation into the monocoque design with dual tank alight and the value of the halo will make for interesting scrutiny.

Men that run towards a fire, brave, very brave.

Fortunately, Grosjean was conscious and alert enough to climb out of that inferno.

F1 safety regulations, remarkable.

Phew!

https://youtu.be/qAxgcycpGIM

Edited by 'Dale

Fantastic that the cars are much safer than they used to be.

Any idea of what caused him to cut across the track like that? Was he trying to overtake?

Edited by MrJacques

Fantastic that the cars are much safer than they used to be.

Any idea of what caused him to cut across the track like that? Was he trying to overtake?

Kvyat clipped his rear tyre with his front, just watching the race now and hory sheeet

More good news coming from Haas. No fractures. Commentators were talking of broken ribs.

I assume you mean the driver, the car is toast!