Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grosjean has been making a few errors for a while now, this one just had serious consequences. He is so damn lucky that, A, the cars are safer than volvos, B, he was still conscious enough to get out of there and C(this is the most NB one) there was a saffa following him and brave enough o help him out the fire. 

The front part of that car was literally melted in with the barrier after the fire. You see how they had to remove the barrier and cockpit all in one piece and how quickly and efficiently did those guys get that sorted.

Grosjean has been making a few errors for a while now, this one just had serious consequences. He is so damn lucky that, A, the cars are safer than volvos, B, he was still conscious enough to get out of there and C(this is the most NB one) there was a saffa following him and brave enough o help him out the fire. 

The front part of that car was literally melted in with the barrier after the fire. You see how they had to remove the barrier and cockpit all in one piece and how quickly and efficiently did those guys get that sorted.

Some would say the Saffa was Hasstig to get the race restarted too......

I wonder if this would work for F1? Even though they say it's impact absorbing somehow the bouncing off this kind of barrier seems worse due to rapid changes in direction / g-force. A more traditional impact absorbing barrier that doesn't bounce you back may be better for direct head on collisions.

HAAS tweeted a video of Grosjean in hospital. He has some burns on the back of his hands and they wrapped up like boxing gloves but otherwise the oke is fine. He will probably go home today.

HAAS tweeted a video of Grosjean in hospital. He has some burns on the back of his hands and they wrapped up like boxing gloves but otherwise the oke is fine. He will probably go home today.

Race on weekend?

136cacd213ece015f4f9e639e1c0d318.jpg

Grosjean... “Here, hold my beer”.....

Such a strange scernario, what does the medic do. Jump in, wait, try shout? Bloody brave he got as close as he did with that heat.

This one?