Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I call it as absolute BS, Hamilton is the one driver who relies the most off of his race engineer. Constantly asking about tyre this, or setting that but then when he gets caught out wants full control. I am not saying the others don't but he does it a lot more than most.

Look at Sunday asking for confirmation before pushing....................right off the track but we won't go there.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I call it as absolute BS, Hamilton is the one driver who relies the most off of his race engineer. Constantly asking about tyre this, or setting that but then when he gets caught out wants full control. I am not saying the others don't but he does it a lot more than most.

Look at Sunday asking for confirmation before pushing....................right off the track but we won't go there.

Agreed, it’s like those dogs who are brave and barky when there is a fence. He says he wants the “Senna natural way” because he thinks we think it’s cool, but knows it will never happen.

Agreed, it’s like those dogs who are brave and barky when there is a fence. He says he wants the “Senna natural way” because he thinks we think it’s cool, but knows it will never happen.

Unfortunately I think it's the same for probably the whole field in F1, WSBK and MotoGP.

They would be lost at sea if given a 1980's era bike or car. Those were the good ole days........

PS, you still looking for a RS250 bottom end???

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Unfortunately I think it's the same for probably the whole field in F1, WSBK and MotoGP.

They would be lost at sea if given a 1980's era bike or car. Those were the good ole days........

PS, you still looking for a RS250 bottom end???

Yeah they probably would, thats ok era and skill sets change.

But they dont go around saying they would prefer to race bikes and cars that had no TC because they are trying to be cool.

ps: Yes I am :)

except Rossi.... 

Had to be said. 

Saying that, he'd have to change his riding style again. Bikes of that era had much higher COG's and far lower corner grip thanks to the tyres of the generation. 

I think this just sums up the current state of Formula 1 so well

During the subsequent fight for the lead, the Briton opened up his pit-to-car radio channel to ask his team if he could push to attack, but after receiving no reply, proclaimed he was “going for it”. Hamilton explained the mid-race radio communication was the result of frustration of not knowing how much his team wanted him to push for the win. 

“Communication is something we are obviously going to try and work on,” he said. “I was like ‘Can I fight? can I go?’ and they were taking their time so I was like ‘I am going for it’ and I gave everything in that moment.”

The fact that a driver needs to ask an army of engineers whether he is allowed to "go for it" is beyond comprehension. Stick it up the inside, force the other guy wide and block all other attempts to get back. Surely not?

There were some engine issues that needed clearing by the engineering team before the Hamster could challenge freely

It’s a long season ahead with racing in the modern era

Engine sustainability is key to a lekka campaign

Face palm moment by Merc with the miscalculation of the race situation ????????‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

It will be a bit embarrassing if the Torro Rosso Honda beats the McLaren Renault next year.

ooopss

I don't think McLaren have a happy garage tonight after qualifying.

ooopss

I don't think McLaren have a happy garage tonight after qualifying.

Indeed, both TRH out qualifying the MR

Shame poor Fernando

Hope the Honda race pace is good as well

That was scintillating ???????????? from China

Wow

Gotta love that Ricciardo with his big smile

Edited by 'Dale

That was scintillating from China

Wow

Gotta love that Ricciardo with his big smile

It really was a good race.

As a Vettel fan I am obviously not happy with what happened but I am super happy for Kimi. His race really came to him nicely too.