Formula 1...

'Dale

It's a one year deal.

Most probably a stop-gap contract so that other details can be sorted out during ‘21 before he signs for longer.

But we can hope...

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you were asked to take a 15% pay cut after winning your 7th title you would also wait ages to sign the contract. :P

After Russell's performance in the same car, driving it for the first time, I would say Merc was very much in the drivers seat. We don't really need you as much as we thought, take it or leave it attitude.

Rumour is that mercedes might not be around come 2022. Ineos is most likely to take over and mercedes will only be an engine supplier.

After Russell's performance in the same car, driving it for the first time, I would say Merc was very much in the drivers seat. We don't really need you as much as we thought, take it or leave it attitude.

Yeah I also reckon it must have been something along those lines, as I'm sure LH would have wanted a more longer term deal at a nice salary to counter the possible driver salary cap in the coming years. But assuming Merc stay in F1 for a good few years still, they sit in a nice position now with LH, Bottas and Russell available from 2022 onwards, so they can take their pick. I was reading an article yesterday where it mentioned that Toto still has a good relationship with the Verstappens...now imagine from 2023, a pairing of Verstappen and Russell!

Yeah I also reckon it must have been something along those lines, as I'm sure LH would have wanted a more longer term deal at a nice salary to counter the possible driver salary cap in the coming years. But assuming Merc stay in F1 for a good few years still, they sit in a nice position now with LH, Bottas and Russell available from 2022 onwards, so they can take their pick. I was reading an article yesterday where it mentioned that Toto still has a good relationship with the Verstappens...now imagine from 2023, a pairing of Verstappen and Russell!

Honestly think it will be his last year.

Most probably a stop-gap contract so that other details can be sorted out during ‘21 before he signs for longer.

But we can hope...

Merc also want the option with new car to possibly look at changing up the drivers with a new car. 

The team has become a lot less reliant on Daimler and even if they stop winning, will still be around. Even if branded as a grenadier.

The reporting on it is poor as well. Alonso has accident on his bike in Swiz.

He was hit by a car... 

Apparently he has lost teeth and has bruising on the face. 

The reporting on it is poor as well. Alonso has accident on his bike in Swiz.

He was hit by a car...

Apparently he has lost teeth and has bruising on the face.

Best to just wait for the Team to update.. The other info from other news sources even if true., is not yet confirmed.

Drive to survive has so much to cover

There any release date on season 3?

A lot to cover indeed...Valtteri version who knows what, Albon, Tracing Point, Cyril (not Ramaphosa), Vettel, Gasly, Haas, Russell, Hamilton...

Not sure they'll enough episodes to cover all the drama and baggage!