• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

The link is about the fords again.

So last night on Carte Blanche, Ford refused an on-camera interview about this problem. They even went so far as to request Devi send them a list of questions she wanted to ask, and they would do the interview with themselves on her behalf.

Lag my GAT af!!! The audacity!

I predict that this is the beginning of the demise of Ford in SA. You can only snub your nose at your paying public so long. First Kuga, now this. I would not touch a Ford even if I could get one for free. I even tried buying a Kuga back in 2015, but the dealer never worried to forward me the papers so I could get the ball rolling at the bank. I am sooo grateful to him for that now.

So last night on Carte Blanche, Ford refused an on-camera interview about this problem. They even went so far as to request Devi send them a list of questions she wanted to ask, and they would do the interview with themselves on her behalf.

Lag my GAT af!!! The audacity!

I predict that this is the beginning of the demise of Ford in SA. You can only snub your nose at your paying public so long. First Kuga, now this. I would not touch a Ford even if I could get one for free. I even tried buying a Kuga back in 2015, but the dealer never worried to forward me the papers so I could get the ball rolling at the bank. I am sooo grateful to him for that now.

Having seen Devi's interviewing "style" over the past few years, and being put off CB as a result of it and other peoples' styles (not Ruda and Derek, they were always professional and great interviewers) I'm not entirely surprised with this response of theirs. 

IMO CB is a very far cry from what it used to be.  

Lag my GAT af!!! The audacity!................

:D

I thought them big CEOs were just too scared of tiny little dynamite Devi! She would have forced more than just their locks! Serve them right to come across as arseholes ! :thumbdown:

...........IMO CB is a very far cry from what it used to be.  

Agreed. I get the feeling that often their stories are hastily put together to keep up with whatever hot topic is current and that it is not always investigated in depth. The 15 minute format also often makes it feel as if a story remains hanging without a proper conclusion. Some stories need an hour and months of homework. 

Agreed. I get the feeling that often their stories are hastily put together to keep up with whatever hot topic is current and that it is not always investigated in depth. The 15 minute format also often makes it feel as if a story remains hanging without a proper conclusion. Some stories need an hour and months of homework. 

yeah, and the faster it's put together, the higher the level of righteous indignation that they seem to have. 

Having seen Devi's interviewing "style" over the past few years, and being put off CB as a result of it and other peoples' styles (not Ruda and Derek, they were always professional and great interviewers) I'm not entirely surprised with this response of theirs. 

IMO CB is a very far cry from what it used to be.  

Devi's interview style aside, it could just as easily be Derek asking the questions. Point is, Ford declined a response to a legitimate customer concern, which has far reaching implications for the brand in SA. They are pushing the boundaries of ethical business, and that stinks. To decline a response just makes them look more guilty. Case in point their concerted effort in trying to prove a purported "crime" and shooting of the Reshall Jimmy case.

Devi's interview style aside, it could just as easily be Derek asking the questions. Point is, Ford declined a response to a legitimate customer concern, which has far reaching implications for the brand in SA. They are pushing the boundaries of ethical business, and that stinks. To decline a response just makes them look more guilty. Case in point their concerted effort in trying to prove a purported "crime" and shooting of the Reshall Jimmy case.

Yeah, I still wouldn't want to go onto CB, especially with how issues / topics get framed by the editors & interviewers. Sensationalist, almost tabloid-esque. Even though we may have wanted to see something, it's still within Ford's rights to request written correspondence with an issue such as this, and for it to go through their legal department. Admission of any sort on a national television production would not be good, from a legal standpoint. So while I don't like it, I still understand and respect the decision. 

IMO in a case like this it was a lose / lose situation. Go on, and Devi's abrasive and sensationalist style would result in a bad impression. Don't go in, and it results in a bad impression. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem