• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

My daily Dharma email to-day from Tricycle.com was a Koan from my favourite poet, songwriter and singer.

Only one thing

made him happy

and now that

it was gone

everything

made him happy.

Leonard Cohen, "Leonard Koan"

Have you seen the YouTube video?

Seems way too much like an advert

Definitely staged, 5 different video's from different locations all at one stage filming the same "mishap", eish we are not that stupid.

Chusus. Brakpan/springs much?

um, ja. don't see our poppies going for it at this level of crazy

wat de hel? watse goed is dit?

In proper third world countries (this looks like India?) they have little hand steered 'tractors'. You can use them to plough, pull trailers etc - they are all over the place.

Seems that in the way of petrol-heads everywhere, they've souped them up and are using them for drag racing.

Shimano is rolling out a new disc brake standard specifically tailored to disc-equipped road bikes.

The new standard, known as Flat Mount, was developed in conjunction with leading road bike brands as a dedicated road-specific disc brake mounting system.

Claimed benefits of Flat Mount over the current 74mm post/direct mount and 51mm ISO mounting standards include a cleaner, integrated design, with no visible mounting bolts; a direct interface with the frame and fork for better alignment; and improved tool access to the rear brake caliper for brakes tucked between the seat- and chainstays.

Shimano states that the system is backwards compatible with post-mount brake calipers with an adapter.

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2014/07/09/1404944065496-6cyv1g89yqka-960-540.jpg

Details on the new standard are limited to two grainy CAD images

No word on which companies will be adopting this new brake mount. Stay tuned for more information.

Just bought a spare tube ... WTF ... R65 for a flipping spare tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorrie, must've missed some info on my phone.

harsh yeah

So, one can roll the M5, legally speaking?

Just no freeways right? I'm often confused...

Only on sections. AFAIK it's only from Muizenberg up till the Ottery Road offramp (incoming) that you can ride on the M5 and then again after the Koeberg interchange (outgoing) - the bit in the middle is classed as a motorway and is illegal to ride on. Sure I remember reading something to that effect on one of the city's websites.