I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

That's a Porsche 936 from 1977, seven years later.

I think you are right.... my bad... that does explain why it's a little slow..

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

also explains why the cockpit is open...

Nope - lots of 917's had open cockpits - 917-10 was open cockpit for Canam racing - I just assumed the video was an open cockpit 917 - but when you look at the years vs the car then I think Lotus is correct - and I am not sure if an open cockpit 917 ever raced LeMans in that format - certainly the closed ones did.

Nope - lots of 917's had open cockpits - 917-10 was open cockpit for Canam racing - I just assumed the video was an open cockpit 917 - but when you look at the years vs the car then I think Lotus is correct - and I am not sure if an open cockpit 917 ever raced LeMans in that format - certainly the closed ones did.

Passing the Carreras like they're parked....

Yoh

You're right there, only closed 917s raced at Le Mans. The last one to run there was in '81, ten years after the 917 bowed out. It was a Kremer special, updated for the current period. It looked really good too, but it never finished, unfortunately.

(Interesting thing about this photo: In 1981 the prototype or Group C cars had to be open-cockpit, but clearly the 917 K81 isn't. What you can't see in the photo id that there's a slot about 20cm wide, running from the back edge of the rear-view mirror in the roof to the back end of the roof. Voila! Instant open top car!)

post-10549-0-09892200-1379076899_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lotus

for the women....

or dudes that like dudes

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/68/26/a3/6826a3dded1f5b4ec59e2710454e588d.jpg