• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry Conlon: What I remember most about my childhood is holding your hand. My wee hand in your big hand, and the smell of tobacco. I remember, I could smell the tobacco in the palm of your hand. When I want to feel happy, I try to remember the smell of tobacco.

Giuseppe Conlon: Oh, my heart.

I nearly kotsched.

I nearly kotsched.

As a smoker, even I hate the smell of burning tobacco, but I love the smell of a tobacconist shop.

As a smoker, even I hate the smell of burning tobacco, but I love the smell of a tobacconist shop.

its a smell I associate with my father..but sometimes he used to half smoke a fag and put it in his top pocket or back in the box (when he needed a quick fix from the car to a building!) and that used to REALLY stink. Thankfully he quit about 4 years ago

its a smell I associate with my father..but sometimes he used to half smoke a fag and put it in his top pocket or back in the box (when he needed a quick fix from the car to a building!) and that used to REALLY stink. Thankfully he quit about 4 years ago

I went back to smoking my pipe recently - much better than ciggies - so dug out my old Big Ben pipe. My mate came round on Tuesday to cut my hair. Her fiance found my pipe - or pieces of it - in the garden. The pups had got hold of it. :cursing:

Another of my favourite movie scenes of all time:

The secret to the movie is in the lyrics…

great scene.....

I am a sucker for scenes infused with great music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOpXt30kZCw

and on a sidenote, i read an article the other day where they still refused to reveal what he said to her...they are the only two that know

Edited by Stretch

Even today (and I'm VERY anti smoking) it is also one of my fondest memories of my dad, the smell of his Gunston plain on his hands when he stroked / caressed my hair when I sat on the ground infront of him / inbetween his legs, watching telly.

Sometimes, out of the blue I can smell him, and my eyes tear up. (he passed on in 1999 already)