I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Makes me think of the time in school that a buddy and I found a 'mostly' in tact old grenade, being teenage boys, curiosity obviously won out and we threw it, luckily nobody got hurt...

It's amazing any of us are here to tell these stories...

Hell, we played Cowboys and Indians with Pellet Guns and home made Bows, using the front part of a dart as the tip of the arrow.

But we had to entertain ourselves, there were no malls, video games or TV's around.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me think of the time in school that a buddy and I found a 'mostly' in tact old grenade, being teenage boys, curiosity obviously won out and we threw it, luckily nobody got hurt... It's amazing any of us are here to tell these stories...

That also reminds me. A friend "found" an R4 bullet somewhere at boarding school (Possibly in the walk-in rifle/ ammo safe where our target shooting goodies were kept) and he took it down to the mechanics workshop, removed the slug and cordite and then proceeded to put the shell in the vice and then heat it up with a flame to make the primer go bang. Well needless to say it did go bang and he ended up with a primer embeded an inch deep in his thigh!

Hell, we played Cowboys and Indians with Pellet Guns and home made Bows .22s, using the front part of a dart as the tip of the arrow.

But we had to entertain ourselves, there were no malls, video games or TV's around.

That also reminds me. A friend "found" an R4 bullet somewhere at boarding school (Possibly in the walk-in rifle/ ammo safe where our target shooting goodies were kept) and he took it down to the mechanics workshop, removed the slug and cordite and then proceeded to put the shell in the vice and then heat it up with a flame to make the primer go bang. Well needless to say it did go bang and he ended up with a primer embeded an inch deep in his thigh!

I used to steal my oupa's 303 bullets, remove the cordite sticks and insert them into his cigarettes.

Once he lit up, the whole ciggie would burn in about 0.1 of a second.... he kept falling for it, I got bliksemed, hard, a few times.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Oshkosh-Defense-Joint-Light-Tactical-Vehicle-126-876x535.jpg

Does it come in black? 

post-1604-0-47185500-1440665756_thumb.jpg

Didn't Ford actually say something along the lines of people could have his Model-T in any colour they wanted, as long as they wanted it in black?  

Yip, thats where Nolan got his idea from though.

Didn't Ford actually say something along the lines of people could have his Model-T in any colour they wanted, as long as they wanted it in black?  

I heard somewhere that he never actually said that, though on the other hand it has been accredited to him in numerous locations, so not actually sure which is correct.