I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

I have a lovely knog casquette that I never wear... I think I need to change this.

Just Don't wear it with your MTB helmut, double peaks mean you're trying too hard. Yes your MTB helmut should have a peak, just because and because casquettes look better on the road with a road helmut. The end...

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Don't wear it with your MTB helmut, double peaks mean you're trying too hard. Yes your MTB helmut should have a peak, just because and because casquettes look better on the road with a road helmut. The end...

Thanks for the clarification.

Main reason for not wearing...if it's fkn hot I may blow the radiator if I do wear it.

Casquette is French for "cap". In cycling jargon, it is used to refer to the traditional peaked cotton cap worn by racing cyclists.

With the introduction of compulsory cycle helmets for massed-start racing, casquettes have become less common, but most professional race outfits still have them produced in team colours for wearing on the winners' podium, for wearing under a helmet in heavy rain or for sale to the tifosi. They have also become popular as fashion items in some European, American and Australian cities, often with non-cycling-related designs.

The casquette shields the head from strong sun and the peak can also make riding in the rain more comfortable, since drops do not fall directly into the eyes. They are sometimes worn with the peak backwards, not for reasons of fashion but because the peak then protects the neck from sunburn.

A traditional way to keep the head cool when cycling in hot conditions was to put a cabbage leaf under the casquette. However, when said cabbage was not available, riders would often turn to sheaths of mesclun.

The name was also used by Royal Enfield motorcycles to describe their version of the nacelle designed by Edward Turner for Triumph motorcycles. The casquette is still used on the 2009 Royal Enfield Bullet model.

Or by Doctors and CAs pretending to be bikers on their Harley’s.

Stereotyping sucks - At least you did not assume that I don't have a personality

Do you ride a Harley?

No. Never even sat on a motorbike let alone go for a ride on one.

Somehow it seems more dangerous than riding a bicycle on a road.

No. Never even sat on a motorbike let alone go for a ride on one.

Somehow it seems more dangerous than riding a bicycle on a road.

Then loosen the strap on that moonbag, I wasn't talking about all CAs, just the ones who ride Harleys. ;)

classic ... may have to use that on some peeps I know Patch :)

Then loosen the strap on that moonbag, I wasn't talking about all CAs, just the ones who ride Harleys. ;)