• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

To much cycling...

See the look on the cyclists face, I would also be upset if I saw that and there was no coffee for me with the coffee machine so close to her.

PLEASE SIR, MAY WE HAVE SOME MORE???????????

SURE !!!!!

The extraordinary regional specificity of the paternal and maternal gene trees persisting today has made it possible to trace ancient migrations. It shows us that, as they were filling up the Old World, once people got to where they were going they tended to stay put and, at least until the last 500 years, were mostly able to repel newcomers. What disturbed this conservatism the most was the LGM. In the northern hemisphere, vast areas of the Old and New worlds were rendered uninhabitable by ice, glacial lakes, and polar desert. For the formerly highly successful hunter-gatherers of the North Eurasian steppe there were few choices, and these, as usual, were determined by geography and climate. In the peninsula of Europe, locked in by sea, mountain and desert, the only chance of survival was to be found in refuges in the more southerly temperate zones bordering the Mediterranean and Black Seas. After the LGM, the refuges re-expanded in number and territory, mostly back to where they had come from.

In Central and North Asia, formerly covered in grassland and roamed by huge herds of large herbivores, the increasing cold and desiccation forced the Upper Palaeolithic hunter-gatherers off the high steppe in several directions to warmer and more temperate regions. These would have included the Ukraine to the west, China to the south and east, and Japan, Korea, and north-east Siberia. As always, the great rivers of Asia could have played a role as highways, but this time the traffic was downstream. The archaeological evidence for this migration of Upper Palaeolithic steppe hunting cultures towards the Pacific coast at the LGM, is best seen in Japan, but is echoed elsewhere. In South and Southeast Asia huge areas of continental shelf opened up for colonization as the sea level fell. How much the population expansion in Sundaland [greater Southeast Asia during the LGM] resulted from local people, and how much from refuges from farther north, is not clear, but the genetic and dental evidence suggests mostly the former.

I was told at school that we all came from the top of a mountain in Turkey? There have been no ice ages since that point in time ~4500BC. I'd hate to think somebody was lying to me?

My View this morning - although the photo thread people will facepalm because i left both my camera's at home! and am forced to use my shtty cellphone camera

post-7169-0-51730900-1323927043.jpg

Cool, planning on going up there soon before I am too old.

I was told at school that we all came from the top of a mountain in Turkey? There have been no ice ages since that point in time ~4500BC. I'd hate to think somebody was lying to me?

I was once told at school that I AM a Turkey! No lie!

The last one was about 18000BC.

Did they show you a movie with some bearded Southerners excavating a boat shaped rock outcrop?

It had some doped up Southern Belle drawling on about an Ark?

I was far more impressed watching the Challenger turn to vapour.

I'd hate to think somebody was lying to you, too!

Cool, planning on going up there soon before I am too old.

yep - seeing it in the flesh has pushed it up my to do list - hopefully will get an opportunity early next year...

I was once told at school that I AM a Turkey! No lie!

The last one was about 18000BC.

Did they show you a movie with some bearded Southerners excavating a boat shaped rock outcrop?

It had some doped up Southern Belle drawling on about an Ark?

I was far more impressed watching the Challenger turn to vapour.

I'd hate to think somebody was lying to you, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4JOjcDFtBE

SURE !!!!!

slightly tangential -If religious knowledge was removed, all texts, memories etc, not a single bit of it would be able to be reclaimed or rediscovered. People would invent new god(s), new mythology and new beliefs. On the other hand, if scientific knowledge, texts, etc were removed, it could all be rediscovered in time. Every single bit of it.

Edited by fandacious

See the look on the cyclists face, I would also be upset if I saw that and there was no coffee for me with the coffee machine so close to her.

I was thinking the same

great play on shadow and texture by dan rapoza

http://maxcdn.thedesigninspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Skeletor-l.jpg

Something funky...

http://maxcdn.thedesigninspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/santa-sleigh/Santas-Sleigh-Bentley-05.jpg