Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

yet another newbie, more the merrier :)

42 and getting into the scene for the first time, still finding my feet. Based in JHB. 

The first bike is a Scott Scale 980 29 hardtail to learn on, fall on lol before deciding what and if I need anything better, more suited to what I want to ride, later on, no idea yet what to expect or what I will be drawn to. 

I hope to learn a lot more from you fine people, with loads more experience. 

There are two groups of cyclists ... those who have crashed and those that are about to crash.

Welcome to the club

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Good day All.

Newbie to the forum here. 

Took to mountain biking 2 years ago due to injuries etc whilst attempting to do trail runs. At 50 years and 109 kg, at the time,  trail running is NOT the ideal sport for you. However, Mountain biking is and has me completely hooked. Besides, you cannot sit around and do nothing! You will simply just cease up. Hear this you youngsters, stay active.

Live in the Cape and currently riding a Silverback hardtail on the Wannabees trails and Lourensford farm. An awesome part of the world to train in and have fun.

Itching to get into my first dual suspension.

I look forward to contributing to this forum if and where I can and also from gaining useful insight into the vast experience that must exist here.

Happy cycling.

P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

New to the forum. Been an avid mountain biker while still in school, but lost it from there due to life, but at least picking it back up 10 years later.

I live in Kempton Park.

I currently have a 2020 Scott Spark 950 and enjoying the bike thoroughly, ridden a couple of trails and taken a few tumbles already due to being a bit overly confident, but extreme fun nonetheless.

My wife also enjoying the hobby with me, got her a used Scott Spark 740 which we will be upgrading some components in due time.

We have ridden at Riverfields and at Red Barn, and looking forward to exploring more trails. 

Looking forward to reading some threads and gaining some knowledge and most importantly asking some newbie questions.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Used to ride around the mine dumps in JHB now in greener pastures in the Cape. Currently riding a Rook One SS. Current obsession is "dream building" classic steel frame road bikes. Found the site because of @BuffsVintageBikes.

Thanks for the great site!

Good day everyone

This is a bit of a weird request and I don't really know where I should post this, but anyways...

To make a long story short my carbon frame cracked beyond repair and I would like to know if anyone could possibly borrow me a bike for the day of the Cape Town Cycle Tour. I would also rent it as long as it is not an outlandishly high price. I am a student at Stellenbosch University and therefore cannot afford a new bike at the moment, but would like to ride the Argus.

I don't mind if it is a road bike or mountain bike and I am not really chasing crazy times this year as my bike is obviously broken and I am training on a friends bike (He is also riding).

Thanx everyone

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys 

David from P.E.

Been lurking around here for a while,Thought it time I join.

Started riding January 2019,Scott RC comp.

Just loved riding and being out on the bike so much that in October I bought a road bike,Giant Defy.

Double the fun.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Coming back from a hiatus of no cycling after damaging more than i could afford to repair haha. Missed it so much i finally bit the bullet an replaced the rest on my MT. Fuji.

Look forward to getting back into it and feeling the wind through my hair  :clap:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys/gals!

Been trolling the forum for a while now, plenty of good gen on here... recently back into the mountain biking scene after a substantial break, man how things have changed, bikes are insane. Live in South Africa for half the year, abroad for the rest, originally from the kzn midlands although when back tend to spend most of my time in Cape Town these days. Hope to run into a few of you on the local trails.

Hey guys/gals!

Been trolling the forum for a while now, plenty of good gen on here... recently back into the mountain biking scene after a substantial break, man how things have changed, bikes are insane. Live in South Africa for half the year, abroad for the rest, originally from the kzn midlands although when back tend to spend most of my time in Cape Town these days. Hope to run into a few of you on the local trails.

Welcome.  When you are abroad where do you go? All over the world?  Enjoy the riding.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone .

Another wannabe cyclist here .With all the gyms closed and only so much of a tolerance for jumping jacks I figure I might try out cycling . 

Hi all, 

New on here not new to cycling. 

Grew up using my bike to get around, didn't get hooked until I tried cycling without underwear. Never looked back since. Living in CPT this year

• 3 weeks later...

Howzit everyone.

New to this site. Came across you by chance will surfing the net.

Lots of info on here, looking to get my first bike. Am based in Sunninghill. I've been doing road running and see a lot of ppl on bikes in this area. Decided to get a bike and join them. Looks easier than running :D