Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

hi everyone, i'm zane. been cycling about a year now, new to forums but been browsing the hub a long time. i'm doing multisport, and road cycling, when i have enough saved up, looking to branch into mtb. good thread. nice to meet everyone. 

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goo'day Folks! I'm new round these parts (as mentioned in my first thread recently), but am kinda not new to biking.... In my former life as a teen/twenty summut, I was semi-pro mountain biker looking to go pro, but unfortunately several car accidents left me in somewhat of a mess, so now having just turned 40, I am finally getting back in the saddle, and aim to take it seriously! 

While I don't envisage any competitive cycling in the near future, I guess after 15 years or so out of the game, and having become somewhat unfit and over-laiden in the trunk section, the 'competition' is between my own body and mind?!

I look forward to discussing many topics with you good fellow cycling dudes and doodettes, especially those of you preferring the mountain variety to the road, and hope to have much fun along the way!

Cheers for a great forum!

Regards

G!

Goo'day Folks! I'm new round these parts (as mentioned in my first thread recently), but am kinda not new to biking.... In my former life as a teen/twenty summut, I was semi-pro mountain biker looking to go pro, but unfortunately several car accidents left me in somewhat of a mess, so now having just turned 40, I am finally getting back in the saddle, and aim to take it seriously! 

While I don't envisage any competitive cycling in the near future, I guess after 15 years or so out of the game, and having become somewhat unfit and over-laiden in the trunk section, the 'competition' is between my own body and mind?!

I look forward to discussing many topics with you good fellow cycling dudes and doodettes, especially those of you preferring the mountain variety to the road, and hope to have much fun along the way!

Regards

G!

Welcome OMG...nice to have you here

Regards

G!

welcome welcome!! You will pick up fast where you left, your attitude is in the right place

Edited by FUKNUK

So I started out cheap with a Raleigh 650B hardtail with mechanical discs that cost me R3500, any opinion on this?

Also any tips on some training I can do to practice climbs, omw they are killing me :eek:

Nothing wrong with the Raleigh as a starter bike Haai. It has served its purpose and you can now look for a better set of wheels. You will be astonished at the difference a good set of wheels, a good frame and some decent SLX components can make to your enjoyment of the sport.

Hills? Only TITS will help Haai. Find yourself a nasty climb and spend an hour or two going up and down until your legs fall off. Then do it again a couple of days later. And then again etc.

Hi Guys,

I am newby to the site and the sport. A back injury forced to stop fishing. After seeing a biokeneticus I ended up in the gym and eventually ended up on a mbt (wanted to fill up my weekends) and now the bug has bitten properly.

I am doing the 20km on the Silverstar mrb challenge as my first race on Saturday. Can't wait.

Hi Guys,

I am newby to the site and the sport. A back injury forced to stop fishing.

You may find that mountain biking is a lot more hazardous to your health than fishing. This is a sport of constant scars, occasional wounds, and frequent pain...

Having a nice little lie down next to your mountain bike is more a matter of "when" than "if" Thysie :-)

It is also one of the most exhilarating sports a man can do with his clothes on. Welcome, and good luck with your race.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I've been riding a bicycle for 35+ years on and off, now looking to get the kids some MTBs and upgrade my own MTB to a front suspension, the solid suspension causes blurry vision  :D

Hay Guys,

Total Newb here, use to ride BMX trail and park many years ago, transitioned to Quad racing on Trx-450.

Now addicted to the gym and hating indoor cardio I decided to get a MTB to fill up weekends. 

What a mission it is to buy your first hardtail when you`re a newb. After a lot of research and lurking in the bikehub forums I picked up my MTB this morning:

Merida big nine 300, 2016 model, and I got it at a good price imho 

Now to get some decent pants and a helmet, whilst i will be cheaping out on the rest of the kit, for now that is.

Hi all, riding for just over a year now after taking up the challenge to do Amashova and 94.7. 

After riding both and deciding that road biking imho is exercise, not fun, I'm two mountain bikes in, and really enjoying the chance to get away from the office, and Mac. 

Now to find and spend more time on the trails and a little less time here in front of my mac scouring the classifieds for components... 

Hi there

Been lurking for ages but have now decided to join the Hub.

I'm a terrible cyclist but I love my bikes!  :D  And love cycling with hubby and the kids

Hi Bikermomster

Welcome to the BikeHub