Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hi guys

New to this site.live in cape town. Picked up cycle again after 10years off the bike while focusing on studies and trail running.previously did alot of road riding but now hitting all the trails the Western Cape has to offer. WOW, ALOT HAS CHANGED,EAGER TO LEARN!!

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy. I've been lurking for a while, got my second hand Scott Spark 940 last weekend. I've been riding just tar roads this last week just to ensure I still know how to ride a bicycle, which turns out I can still do which is nice. 

Going to give Wolwespruit a bash this weekend seeing as that is the closest to my house and I do not yet have a bike carrier for my car. Hoping I don't fall to often or too hard!

Hi Everyone. I have just recently gotten back into cycling after about a 8 year gap and loving every second of it, I was using my uncles 26" Merida and about 2 weeks ago I manged to pick up a 29" Titan Elite for a complete steal. Looking forward to everything that I can learn off of the forum.

Good day All.

The name is Max Roach and I am from Cape Town.

I am a potential newbie to the sport of mountain biking. When I say potential, I mean I am yet to purchase a bike and all necessary equipment.

The reason is that I have come to understand the importance in purchasing the right size bike and as such I would really like assistance in making an informed decision.

I am 1.76m in height with an inleg of around 78cm and weigh 80kg. Based on my research, I presumably need a 17" to 18" frame which is supposedly a medium but in my search for a second hand bike, all the numbers make reference to 24" and up. Is that wheel size or frame size?

I am hoping more experienced mountain bikers would be able to assist me in making the correct decision. I am really itching to get started and I do not want to make hasty decisions. Like they say...prevention is better than cure.

Edited by Max Roach

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding event 2 sep i know the guy that was airlifted to hospital. We would love to hear from paramedic and any witnesses. He is recovering and would like to thsnk you personaly. My number 082 646 3789

Hi Leonora,

You would probably get far better response if you start a separate thread regarding this and mention the name of the event, as there's likely to be many events that happened across the country on that date. You might also want to encourage people to send you a PM (personal message) rather than posting your mobile number directly on an open forum! I would edit the post above and remove that if I were you.

Hope you get some feedback and welcome to the hub!

Hi everyone!

I am new to cycling and very unsure about a lot of things! :unsure:

I am interested in starting with some road biking, and hoping to 'graduate' to triathlon. Unfortunately, I am pretty clueless about all things bike so please be gentle! :)

Hi everyone!

I am new to cycling and very unsure about a lot of things! :unsure:

I am interested in starting with some road biking, and hoping to 'graduate' to triathlon. Unfortunately, I am pretty clueless about all things bike so please be gentle! :)

Welcome Dullscalpel.

Just use the search function.  There are a number of threads you can look through.  Loads of information.

Evening guys, Wilhelm here from Cape Town. I just got a quick question for anyone able to assist. I just broke my tubeless valve stem while inflating my tire. I'm on holiday in citrusdal at the moment, anyone know where I might be able to buy a new one in these parts.

Evening guys, Wilhelm here from Cape Town. I just got a quick question for anyone able to assist. I just broke my tubeless valve stem while inflating my tire. I'm on holiday in citrusdal at the moment, anyone know where I might be able to buy a new one in these parts.

Clicks

Checkers has great xmas specials on those :P

A LBS. You shouldn't struggle to find one-there's one around every corner in the W/C

Welcome Willhelm!

LBS = Local Bike Shop

Not sure if there is one in Citrusdal, but I would start with asking some locals there for a bike shop name and address or perhaps a hardware store that sells bike parts, if no LBS exists....

Good luck!

Edited by Tubehunter

Good morning ladies and gents! My name is Natheer, and I'm from Cape Town. I'm a total newbie to the extent that I do not even own a bike yet, but I'm quite keen on getting into it, and I've learnt through my other hobbies that the forums are the best place to start. Hopefully this community will help me get a decent bike to start out, as well as meet some awesome folks to help make my experience a pleasant one!

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk