Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Good morning ladies and gents! My name is Natheer, and I'm from Cape Town. I'm a total newbie to the extent that I do not even own a bike yet, but I'm quite keen on getting into it, and I've learnt through my other hobbies that the forums are the best place to start. Hopefully this community will help me get a decent bike to start out, as well as meet some awesome folks to help make my experience a pleasant one!

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

Hi

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning ladies and gents! My name is Natheer, and I'm from Cape Town. I'm a total newbie to the extent that I do not even own a bike yet, but I'm quite keen on getting into it, and I've learnt through my other hobbies that the forums are the best place to start. Hopefully this community will help me get a decent bike to start out, as well as meet some awesome folks to help make my experience a pleasant one!

Hi, hope you got lots of cash lying around...

It's going to get ugly fugly expensive... :eek:

You have been warned :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys I am kaybee from jhb new into cycling just bought a 2014 titan cruz 29er large frame now I found the frame is too big for me looking for a swop with someone who has a medium frame someone who's thinking of selling their medium frame help will be appreciated I'm enjoying the bike but feel it will be better if it's smaller

hello guys I am kaybee from jhb new into cycling just bought a 2014 titan cruz 29er large frame now I found the frame is too big for me looking for a swop with someone who has a medium frame someone who's thinking of selling their medium frame help will be appreciated I'm enjoying the bike but feel it will be better if it's smaller

Hi Karabo and welcome.  I suggest you post in the classified wrt your frame swop.

Welcome

Good morning Girls and Boys!

I have just joined this forum and wanted to say hi!

I'm new to MTBing and I come from a MX background. I have recently started training for triathlons and hope to do a half iron in 2018.

Cool, hope to chat soon in the forum!

Happy playing!

Mark

Good morning Girls and Boys!

I have just joined this forum and wanted to say hi!

I'm new to MTBing and I come from a MX background. I have recently started training for triathlons and hope to do a half iron in 2018.

Cool, hope to chat soon in the forum!

Happy playing!

Mark

Welcome, seems the Eastern Cape Hub community is growing.

good morning ladies and gents my name is karabo from south of joburg new mountain biker want to know if there are mountain bike trails around the south that can be recocomended besides Thaba trail and Rietvlei

Hey all - Matt here from Jozi. A good friend of mine got me into MTB about 6 months ago and I'm extremely greatful. Ride the Jozi spruit around 3x weekly and feel fitter than I have been in years!

????????

good morning ladies and gents my name is karabo from south of joburg new mountain biker want to know if there are mountain bike trails around the south that can be recocomended besides Thaba trail and Rietvlei

An ex Spruit rider (relocated to Durbs 1 math ago). Always had the same issue. Like easier LSD type riding

Morning happy people.

Ferdinand, CPT. Started cycling about 3 months ago. Totally LOVING it! Reason for the new sport is because I am unable to play footy (undergone a haglund incision operation 2 yrs ago and its STILL plaguing me. Entered the Argus cycle tour, super amped for it.

Look forward to learning alot from you guys.

Oh, happy belated new year :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Name is Wayne and I am from Port Elizabeth. Still very new at this. The plan was to do "cheese and wine" type routes. Instead it seems like I started with a Stroh Rum type ride (3 Silos in East London). At least that's the way it felt. Also did the Mpekweni ride this past weekend.

Hi

Name is Wayne and I am from Port Elizabeth. Still very new at this. The plan was to do "cheese and wine" type routes. Instead it seems like I started with a Stroh Rum type ride (3 Silos in East London). At least that's the way it felt. Also did the Mpekweni ride this past weekend.

Hi

Hey Guys

My name is Struan Anderson, have done triathlons and road cycling but now full time into MTB! I'm very fortunate to be living very close to the Sani2C route. I have been training on a very heavy, cheap silverback alpine from 2010 and now looking to upgrade, still trying to make a decision, been looking at:

Merida big 9 XT (R18k)

TITAN 29 Pro (R18k)

Silverback Sola 2 (R15k)

and Specialized Rockhopper/Crave. (R15k, R19k)

The TITAN 29 Pro is the leader in term of specs and around the R18k mark its a very  attractive option. Would love a soft tail but cannot justify spending over R20K! Races coming up are Berg100, Marriot Freedom challenge and Sani2c 2017.

Cheers