Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Morning all,

Moved to Centurion from Bloem a year ago. Picked up some MTB's in the classifieds for the mrs and me November last year and enjoying it thoroughly! Already learned a lot for the guys on here.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Another newbie here.

Been running trail for many years, then last year had to get surgery for bilateral compartment syndrome. I was out of running for three months. The surgeon suggested cycling for rehabilitation, so I bought my first Giant, entry level. After 6 months, I upgraded yesterday to a second hand Specialized Camber...This sport really is addictive. Looking forward to many more trails to come.

Good day , I am from East London and cycle for pleasure only. Grew up on my bike in the 80's and glad t be able to pass this hobby on to my children. I need some info form the pro's. Please point me to where I can request help on the following topic. When my sons bike ( 29 hard tail specialized) is sent in for repairs that is going to take more than a week is it really that bad to train on mom or dads bike( soft tails but also 29'ers) . He belief it will do more harm than rather stay fit and practise on my bike. Thanks 

Hi all,

Brendan here, newbie (well haven't ridden since my high school days). Love outdoors, shoot alot (IDPA) and love rock 'n surf fishing when I get the opportunity. Looking for another bike and going to start riding again. A member of a few other forums, so well versed with etiquette. 

Cheers.

Hello everyone,

My name's André and last year I decided to purchase a MTB in order to get a bit more active and fit in the process (as well as be able to cycle around the estate with my 5yo daughter). Managed to find a 2nd hand silverback 26" XL MTB seeing as I'm blessed with a height of 2.05m :lol: 

have been out and about but not nearly as much as I would have liked to, so for now any and all cycling activities are limited to recreational cycling.

Besides cycling, I enjoy 4x4'ing and fishing from both boat and shore. 

Hi There,

I am Melissa. New to triathlon. Last time I rode a bike was in my teens, so I am a complete newbie. Signed up here to learn more about bikes, and I think I am more confused than ever. Settled on a new Cervelo S2 despite my confusion. I will probably buy a mountain bike at some point as well. 

I also have a scuba diving problem. I sure don't have a shortage of expensive hobbies... 

Hi all,

Brendan here, newbie (well haven't ridden since my high school days). Love outdoors, shoot alot (IDPA) and love rock 'n surf fishing when I get the opportunity. Looking for another bike and going to start riding again. A member of a few other forums, so well versed with etiquette. 

Cheers.

http://img.memecdn.com/you-came-to-the-wrong-neighborhood_o_1587617.jpg

Hi There,

I am Melissa. New to triathlon. Last time I rode a bike was in my teens, so I am a complete newbie. Signed up here to learn more about bikes, and I think I am more confused than ever. Settled on a new Cervelo S2 despite my confusion. I will probably buy a mountain bike at some point as well. 

I also have a scuba diving problem. I sure don't have a shortage of expensive hobbies... 

Thats like settling for scarlett johansson... Not too bad!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow riders,

Zander here, i just started riding again, after 8 yrs off the bike.....

Just bought a 2011 Commencal Super 4, and i don't see any feeds about the bicycle on the HUB.

Whats your take on this bike? 

Hi fellow riders,

Zander here, i just started riding again, after 8 yrs off the bike.....

Just bought a 2011 Commencal Super 4, and i don't see any feeds about the bicycle on the HUB.

Whats your take on this bike? 

Welcome from an ex-Pretorianer.  Enjoy it here.  I am more of a roadie than MTB man so won't be able to comment on the bike.

Hello and welcome Zander! 

That would depend on whether Melissa fancies Scarlett 'in that way' I guess!  :ph34r:   :devil:

Welcome Mel!  :thumbup:

Scarlett is sure easy on the eye. Just like the Cervelo. If the Cervelo were a red / orange colour, I probably would name her Scarlett. 

Edited by EmJayZA