Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hello!

New to this addiction!

Bought a Titan Stryker Expert a month ago as a start and really enjoy riding it. Done 122km so far of which a few were the uphills on the Cradle loop - came close to dying but made me even more determined to get this cycling thing going!

So:

Cycling : in progress

Running : in progress

Swimming : todo

Cheers!

Welcome!

There's a 'Let's see them beards!' thread that is awaiting a post from you I see...

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

There's a 'Let's see them beards!' thread that is awaiting a post from you I see...

:blush:

Haha!! Yes... I have a beard and I'm a proud member of the Tactical Beard Owners Club (verified and all!)

Although I need to trim it - makes you more aero you know....

Hi guys.

New here. Thanks for all the great info thus far.

I want to get into biking, but a bit scared to look like a knob on a bike. Lol. Bit of a big guy. So also looking into options in frames to accomodate my 130kg.

Would be doing trail and xc mainly. Don't like tar.

Have a great day.

Hi Everyone...

Noob here, and so far love all the info and especially the classifieds on the hub.

Some of you might know me from the Koranna 2 Mountain race in the Eastern Free State, I used to own and operate Korannaberg Adventures which formed more or less half of the race. 

Born and bred Vrystater, went too Kroonstad Landbou Skool, Kovsies after that and then to Korannaberg. From there I eventually ended up living in J-Bay now. 

I used to do quite a bit of cycling, done a few Argus and other races, different trails in and around SA as well as a few other countries, Tri-Athlons, etc. but have been lazy as shite the last 15 years! 

So....., long story short,  I ended up buying  a Specialized S-Works Epic, carbon frame, (26") last week, just because I always dreamed of one day riding one of those, back in the day. (well mainly because my old friend at the bike shop gave it to me for a steal, think he feels sorry for me!) I intend to build the bike up, get up off my lazy ass and start riding again.

On that note, I would seriously appreciate any help with this project, options around here are a bit limited, especially if you spend your whole budget on the frame!! 

If any of you have any parts that you think might fit my frame (26" large, dual suspension) which you want to get rid of, please drop me a line. 

Current interests includes but are not limited to getting fit again, spending time with my wonderful family(wife, 2 boys and a baby girl), hunting and shooting, understanding God's will for me and you {here in SA},a lot of reading, a little bit of politics and living life without regrets (probably not in that exact order) 

My wife and I run a small recruitment company specializing in Civil and Structural engineers and we also recently started another small company which manufactures bath bombs / bath fizzlers.

That's about it, nice to meet all of you, hope to see you out there some day soon!

Hi all

I am new to this forum. This is my first post but have been reading up on the forum for some time.

Living in beautiful KZN- PMB.

I am very new to cycling but am fairly fit as I have been training for triathlons since Feb this year with my coach. A knee injury and op took my out of running for the time being so I focus on cycling and swimming for now.

I am keen to do the amashova in Oct this year as my first proper long race. However, a friend has told me that it is quite a late start if one is unseeded like me. How can I get a seeding? Should I post this question under a different thread?

Hi all

I am new to this forum. This is my first post but have been reading up on the forum for some time.

I am very new to cycling but am fairly fit as I have been training for triathlons since Feb this year with my coach. A knee injury and op took my out of running for the time being so I focus on cycling and swimming for now.

I am keen to do the amashova in Oct this year as my first proper long race. However, a friend has told me that it is quite a late start if one is unseeded like me. How can I get a seeding? Should I post this question under a different thread?

Hello Wp12

Welcome to the Hub.

"How to get a Seeding?"

Ride as many races before Amashova, as week to week fitness and recovery will allow you to.

The Shorter distance Fun rides will assist your body with easier recover and strengthening your fitness.

Target the Races "Timed" by "Winning Time, Racetec".

As they are the company who will Time the Amashova.

Look at the Amashova entry page to find the Listed races.

Have fun and Enjoy the riding

Hello Wp12

Welcome to the Hub.

"How to get a Seeding?"

Ride as many races before Amashova, as week to week fitness and recovery will allow you to.

The Shorter distance Fun rides will assist your body with easier recover and strengthening your fitness.

Target the Races "Timed" by "Winning Time, Racetec".

As they are the company who will Time the Amashova.

Look at the Amashova entry page to find the Listed races.

Have fun and Enjoy the riding

Thank you so much! Will try but I guess I'll survive if I have to start unseeded.

Hi guys.

New here. Thanks for all the great info thus far.

I want to get into biking, but a bit scared to look like a knob on a bike. Lol. Bit of a big guy. So also looking into options in frames to accomodate my 130kg.

Would be doing trail and xc mainly. Don't like tar.

Have a great day.

I'm sorry for you, but with that face you'll always look a bit like a knob...

You can start a thread with what bikes you have, budget etc etc and someone will be quick to help you!

Hi Everyone...

Noob here, and so far love all the info and especially the classifieds on the hub.

Some of you might know me from the Koranna 2 Mountain race in the Eastern Free State, I used to own and operate Korannaberg Adventures which formed more or less half of the race. 

Born and bred Vrystater, went too Kroonstad Landbou Skool, Kovsies after that and then to Korannaberg. From there I eventually ended up living in J-Bay now. 

I used to do quite a bit of cycling, done a few Argus and other races, different trails in and around SA as well as a few other countries, Tri-Athlons, etc. but have been lazy as shite the last 15 years! 

So....., long story short,  I ended up buying  a Specialized S-Works Epic, carbon frame, (26") last week, just because I always dreamed of one day riding one of those, back in the day. (well mainly because my old friend at the bike shop gave it to me for a steal, think he feels sorry for me!) I intend to build the bike up, get up off my lazy ass and start riding again.

On that note, I would seriously appreciate any help with this project, options around here are a bit limited, especially if you spend your whole budget on the frame!! 

If any of you have any parts that you think might fit my frame (26" large, dual suspension) which you want to get rid of, please drop me a line. 

Current interests includes but are not limited to getting fit again, spending time with my wonderful family(wife, 2 boys and a baby girl), hunting and shooting, understanding God's will for me and you {here in SA},a lot of reading, a little bit of politics and living life without regrets (probably not in that exact order) 

My wife and I run a small recruitment company specializing in Civil and Structural engineers and we also recently started another small company which manufactures bath bombs / bath fizzlers.

That's about it, nice to meet all of you, hope to see you out there some day soon!

Welcome!

Hi all

I wouldn't worry about it. Just treat it like any 100km ride and enjoy yourself!

If you are worried though, follow FRAIL's advice.

Hi everyone,

I am also new here. Grew up in the great Midlands of KZN.

Most of my riding has been Cascades, Worldsview and Karkloof.

I have now moved up north and will be introducing myself to the Gauteng trails soon...

Apparently, Northern Farms is a good ride in Joburg? 

Hi Guys and Girls,

Another newbie here on the Hub.

I hail from Pretoria, Gauteng and have taken up mountain biking in 2015. I actually started cycling regularly from the beginning of this year and completed my 3rd half marathon at thr Lionman last Saturday.

Looking forward to be part of this community :)

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I am also new here. Grew up in the great Midlands of KZN.

Most of my riding has been Cascades, Worldsview and Karkloof.

I have now moved up north and will be introducing myself to the Gauteng trails soon...

Apparently, Northern Farms is a good ride in Joburg?

Hi,

I did northern Farms with @Letum911 today. Definately worth going out there. Be prepared to do more climbing than you think. There is also a thread under the rides section of the forum which would express some other members views.

It was my first ride there. We did the red route which is a love 39km route, starting out with some hill intervals up and down the sprinkler sections. Then you get a nice twisty forest single track section and my favourate probably is the canal section along the juksei. I really enjoyed the ride.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk