Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hi all

I am completely new to cycling, been browsing the forum for a few weeks looking for a bike and accessories. I have found a bike and the basics to start cycling so I thought I should introduce myself and I am ready to hit the road

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have just started riding again after several years and a large part of the reason I stopped the first time around, was due to almost being knocked twice, it could be that i am just a bad rider  :w00t: , either way safety became an issue regarding traffic.

I am looking to find a group of beginners that are probably as unfit as I am :eek: and need the support and safety of riding with a group, I am in the sunninghill area and could look for any advice on joining the right cycle group.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to all the new Hubbers! For those who bought bikes, hope you have many happy KMs.

bilal, take a look for the group rides on the forums. There may be a group in or close to your area. 

Another option is to join the Cycle Lab Club. They have group rides for all levels. 

Edited by EmJayZA

• 4 weeks later...

Another new guy! Wife got me interested in bikes a couple of weeks ago. Did a reasonable amount of research. Watched a couple of hours of videos and now I feel like it's time to take the next step!

Just like a relationship...

Another new guy! Wife got me interested in bikes a couple of weeks ago. Did a reasonable amount of research. Watched a couple of hours of videos and now I feel like it's time to take the next step!

Just like a relationship...

Welcome!

Hi there. I'm been ruining bones while riding bikes my whole life and have recently found this platform. At a glance I can see there are some good advices as well as some funny chirps. Hope you lady's and guys will accept me. Thanks Goat.

Edited by 123goat

Hi there. I'm been ruining bones while riding bikes my whole life and have recently found this platform. At a glance I can see there are some good advices as well as some funny chirps. Hope you lady's and guys will accept me. Thanks Goat.

Hi Guys,

Name is Warren and Im from Kenilworth in Cape Town. Just started MTB'ing recently and loving it. Bought my first bike and have started riding the green belt in constantia.

Looking forward to chatting and learning something new!

Regards

Guest Silverline

Anyone ride half marathon 20 May bundu bashing Roodeplaat?

• 1 month later...

Hello!

New to this addiction!

Bought a Titan Stryker Expert a month ago as a start and really enjoy riding it. Done 122km so far of which a few were the uphills on the Cradle loop - came close to dying but made me even more determined to get this cycling thing going!

So:

Cycling : in progress

Running : in progress

Swimming : todo

Cheers!