Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 2 year old on Madikwe. This guy was in perfect condition, and I got to spend time with him in some of the most amazing light. Will share a few more in a few days.

Canon 5D3+Canon 70-200mk2 @ f2.8, iso3200,1/800sec

post-67394-0-07153300-1463122165_thumb.jpg

Guest notmyname

13087413_10153559419966179_1077699476445

Is this Ghandi Square? Very cool image.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Sherf just keeps plugging away.....permission was asked and given......all from a drone.....

13151829_10153569830706179_6736727221733

Please tell me where this is?

Also, please can someone suggest a good, safe location offering a great view of the city? :)

Not sure.....I will have to ask the Sheriff.....he can also maybe help with a view of the city location.....I know he goes there often....

i'm guessing on the N4 towards Rustenburg. Went out to Madikwe last month and passed quite a few fields.

I just love IS lenses.  Finding that I shoot more and more with the wife's lenses these days... You can see the difference with an IS lens.  Just worth it.   

I just love IS lenses.  Finding that I shoot more and more with the wife's lenses these days... You can see the difference with an IS lens.  Just worth it.   

I would like to hear the rationale behind your comment? I'm not being pompous, I'd just like to understand what the difference is that you see.

I would like to hear the rationale behind your comment? I'm not being pompous, I'd just like to understand what the difference is that you see.

Been shooting with both IS and non IS lenses for the past about 15 years.  And a image shot at low light with an IS lense are just better and wild life photo's as well at full midday sun.  There is a huge difference.   Check the IS version for example the 70 - 200 f4 vs the 70 - 200 f4 IS version.  It costs a crap load more on the IS, but the image quality is just way better.

And not to mention video.  If you shoot with a VSLR you get amazing results. 

Francois, it really comes down to shooting technique and lighting conditions.  Yes IS will help with a stop or 2 , but not alot more. 

And I don't agree with the statement about it being better during the day. I used the Canon 400l 5.6 for some years and it didn't have IS, got some of my best bird and wildlife images with that. Now with the Sigma 150-600, I shoot with the IS off as I find it slows down the tracking ability of the lens. Same with Canon 70-200 f2.8 mk2.