Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

We had the Nikon AW100.  Brilliant little camera !!  :clap:  Sadly lost it in the Orange river during a river rafting trip ....  :whistling:

Replaced it with a Nikon W300 ...  :thumbdown:  dont waste your money on this model  :cursing:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had the Nikon AW100.  Brilliant little camera !!  :clap:  Sadly lost it in the Orange river during a river rafting trip ....  :whistling:

Replaced it with a Nikon W300 ...  :thumbdown:  dont waste your money on this model  :cursing:

I used to be a fan of Nikon.

Had a Nikon Coolpix L20, then an L29, then a D5200, but wanting to try a different camera brand. Not keen to get another DSLR, what with having to save dosh for better lenses etc (it would be okay if I was making a living from photography), and I'm not a big fan of Canon. I use my phone for the odd snapshot these days, but of course, my phone is not waterproof - you never know when you're in a situation where you would like to take pics, or video underwater.

Interesting info on this thread. 

Anyone got an opinion on the Canon GX1 MK 111? I'm looking at a compact to take on bike rides and my SLR is too big, as well as being a bit dated. 

This Canon, while being limited on Zoom abilities, seems to be pretty well specced.

Interesting info on this thread. 

Anyone got an opinion on the Canon GX1 MK 111? I'm looking at a compact to take on bike rides and my SLR is too big, as well as being a bit dated. 

This Canon, while being limited on Zoom abilities, seems to be pretty well specced.

Brilliant camera !!

The only limitations being:

- x3 zoom .... BUT, dont be fooled by the very large zoom figures of some cameras .... at some point you need a tripod due to the zoom ....

- size and weight .... this is a bulky and heavy camera to lugg about on bike. 

I have the Canon G15 (much older and entry version of the GX1) which I use on building sites.  It is a very nice camera, but it will be heavy in a cycling back pocket .... still better than most of the P&S (cheaper) cameras out there

• 2 weeks later...

Got to test drive the new Nikon Z6 on a couple of shoots, it was fun!

This was shot with the Nikon Z 24-70mm f4 @ 24mm ... which as ok.

Much prefered shooting with my Sigma 35mm Art f1.4, which worked like a bomb using the F to Z adapter.

post-4352-0-39103600-1556270860_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tankman

Got to test drive the new Nikon Z6 on a couple of shoots, it was fun!

This was shot with the Nikon Z 24-70mm f4 @ 24mm ... which as ok.

Much prefered shooting with my Sigma 35mm Art f1.4, which worked like a bomb using the F to Z adapter.

attachicon.gifDSC_0466.jpg

Very nice shot

Has anyone here had any experience with waterproof camera's? the Fujifilm FinePix XP130 looks enticing.

Got me one of these....the tank of 35mm waterproof cameras!!!

post-35907-0-81240000-1556273440_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

These guys had their priorities right

Bugger the walking all the way to Berlin from Normandy bit.

By Royal British Legion

post-27916-0-13749700-1558014808_thumb.jpg

These guys had their priorities right

Bugger the walking all the way to Berlin from Normandy bit.

By Royal British Legion

And single speed as well :thumbup:

Taking a chance here. I am looking for a 50mm f1.8 Canon Lens if anyone is selling theirs drop me a pm and I will get back to you.

Taking a chance here. I am looking for a 50mm f1.8 Canon Lens if anyone is selling theirs drop me a pm and I will get back to you.

I hate it when people do this:

No, I dont... but I do have a 85mm F1.4G for sale

Oh and it is Nikon by the way!

:D

I hate it when people do this:

No, I dont... but I do have a 85mm F1.4G for sale

Oh and it is Nikon by the way!

:D

No worries, bumps the thread up! Edited by Andreas Brooks

Happy Birthday Wyatt Earp!

Although no longer a member of the hub, he is very active in the photography community.

Attended a talk about his work earlier this week... and compared to the first photo posted in this thread... WoW man!  

Fantastic job and well done!