Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

attachicon.gifIMG_0371.jpeg

Finally got my hands on this bad boy, now to see what it's capable of!

I was in lust with the Nikon 50mm at one stage when I had my camera, but wasn't prepared to pay that much dosh on a new lens. Apparently an awesome lens though.

VERY nice lens :)

dont use mine often enough ....

From what I have seen so far it looks like a damn good purchase. My first prime, but I can see the attraction. Plus that max aperture is amazing!

I was in lust with the Nikon 50mm at one stage when I had my camera, but wasn't prepared to pay that much dosh on a new lens. Apparently an awesome lens though.

It looks like it was a worthy investment so far. See those Nikon lenses are a bit more expensive than the Canon ones!

It looks like it was a worthy investment so far. See those Nikon lenses are a bit more expensive than the Canon ones!

Yeh I think when it comes to Canon and Nikon, the Canon bodies generally cost more than the Nikon bodies, and the Nikon lenses generally cost more than the Canon lenses.

First time to Suikerbosrand without a road bike. What a beautiful place we have so close to Joburg.

Found myself a Canon 77D with kit lens :D

For those who didn't know. Suikerbosrand has the highest peak in Gauteng.

Toringkop - 1913m - 26°30’40.0″ S   28°13’46.5" E

Check out 9 Peaks challenge at http://ninepeaks.co.za/peaks.html

post-35465-0-80649100-1544103565_thumb.jpg

post-35465-0-01184600-1544103575_thumb.jpg

post-35465-0-14431700-1544103628_thumb.jpg

post-35465-0-36445600-1544103657_thumb.jpg

From what I have seen so far it looks like a damn good purchase. My first prime, but I can see the attraction. Plus that max aperture is amazing!

The max aperture is both a blessing and a curse .... EXTREMELY narrow depth of field ...

Stunning effect when used correctly.  But really needs some practice to figure out the limits ....

My other favorite is the 100m macro lens .... yes, handy for macro pics, but man what a stunning prime lens for portraits etc !  Again, you have to be very aware of the depth of field ... fun when you start playing with "stacking" to get the absolute best out of a macro lens ...

post-110956-0-93783800-1544116649_thumb.jpg

sorry, going off topic .... camera batteries are on charge.  Doing a shoot for a friend this weekend, looking forward to some fun time behind the lens after an absolutely insane month at work !!

while on the topic of FUN .... fisheye is another lens that needs to be experimented with ...  (had to photoshop my feet out of that pic...)

post-110956-0-04950000-1544116815_thumb.jpg

and then it was time to really PLAY ....

post-110956-0-23878900-1544117142_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

• 3 weeks later...

My last picture for 2018.

Looking down the river Arno in Firenze towards the Ponte Cecchio.

A blind monkey can take a great picture from a spot like that, I know, but at least I knew to wait for sunset. Oh, and it was taken with my dumb phone,

I really miss the big Canon, but there is just no way I could have dragged that along at the speed the young Ds are moving! Travel light and fast! Drink coffee to keep upright, eat pasta to keep moving forward! What fun!  

post-17716-0-96904200-1546276900_thumb.jpg

First time to Suikerbosrand without a road bike. What a beautiful place we have so close to Joburg.

Found myself a Canon 77D with kit lens :D

For those who didn't know. Suikerbosrand has the highest peak in Gauteng.

Toringkop - 1913m - 26°30’40.0″ S   28°13’46.5" E

Check out 9 Peaks challenge at http://ninepeaks.co.za/peaks.html

Hi, Nice pics!

What lens is on your 77D?