Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is World Camera Day... 29/06/2018.

In celebration of the day, this was the last image in my SLR - taken more than 3 months ago (sad that the camera hasn’t been used for that long).

7be6b09a05150ca7df8c8e9b23eb92f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone do anything new with their photography of late?

I had to opportunity to learn from top wedding photographer, Kobus Tollig, and do some work in studio with strobe lightning, modifiers and diffusers  ... and boy was that fun!

Not something I normally shoot but I love trying all these different aspects of photography!

What do you recon?

post-4352-0-59399900-1531318950_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tankman

Nice Tankman!

I never played around in a studio but looks like great fun!

Weddings are really not everyone's cup of tea, did one wedding and it was so exhausting for me.

It is like wildlife, you only have that one opportunity... you cannot ask the bride and broom to walk down the aisle again for you or asked them to kiss again.

I for one would like to capture a trail running event sometime. 

Nice Tankman!

Weddings are really not everyone's cup of tea, did one wedding and it was so exhausting for me.

It is like wildlife, you only have that one opportunity... you cannot ask the bride and broom to walk down the aisle again for you or asked them to kiss again.

Except wildlife dont rip you a new one when you miss "that one" photograph .....

Wedding photos are way too stressful !

SUPER FUN to attend a flash photography course ....

post-110956-0-74693300-1531328614_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-81540100-1531328722_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-18321800-1531328709_thumb.jpg

WP Cycling are currently using 2 photographers to record their

Road Racing League - one of them Robert Ward has left to

take up work in Scotland and needs to be replaced. any photogs

interested? inbox me. have a look at the WP Cycling FB page at

the event albums.

Edited by Andy Arnesan

Nice Tankman!

Thank you Andrew, that was good fun!

I have not done a wedding myself but Ive been 2nd shooter before ... waaaaay less pressure!

That is probably the one thing I did like about the whole day, you have to get creative quickly, no time to overthink the shots, you just have to get on with it!

But I am always keen to improve and learn new skills and grabbed at the opportunity.

I am more accustomed to using natural light, especially when shooting fast moving sports or action ... no time to fiddle with lights or gear. 

This would be a type of shot I am more used to, no flash or anything other than natural light (and a bit of light from Lightroom :whistling:)

post-4352-0-83511600-1531331749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tankman

WP Cycling are currently using 2 photographers to record their

Road Racing League - one of them Robert Ward has left to

take up work in Scotland and needs to be replaced. any photogs

interested? inbox me. have a look at the WP Cycling FB page at

the event albums.

I would be keen!

I normally shoot for WP MTB association for the XCO races!

For me photography is great fun, I like the challenge of trying to find that one shot that would make my photo different from the rest. 

I am still in the learning phases though, trying to learn everything I can about photography and my camera. Still rocking the kit lens, but I want to learn on it before deciding on what to get next.

For me photography is great fun, I like the challenge of trying to find that one shot that would make my photo different from the rest. 

I am still in the learning phases though, trying to learn everything I can about photography and my camera. Still rocking the kit lens, but I want to learn on it before deciding on what to get next.

Thats the best, learn to use what you've got and what it can do before falling into the "I must have the latest and greatest gear" trap!

The best camera ... is the one in your hand!

Thats the best, learn to use what you've got and what it can do before falling into the "I must have the latest and greatest gear" trap!

The best camera ... is the one in your hand!

Could not agree more, only wish I had the time to go out and take pictures more often.

Like Tankman stated, the best camera is the one you have with you.

Also, the best gear won't make you a fantastic photographer. It is all about understanding your equipment and to use the best settings according to your light conditions.

I for one believe in good quality glass.

My camera is a Canon 1200D (entry-level) but I pair it with a 100mm f/2.8 macro L IS lens from Canon and the quality I get out of it is amazing!

Sure, my body do have downfalls - not the best in low light conditions, but the conditions I shoot in I haven't come across something major.

You get to know your equipment with time, therefore you know what conditions you can shoot in to produce good quality images or not.

Also, I am huge fan of prime lenses. Okay, yes I will need to carry two lenses on yourself (one for wide angles shots and a telephoto) but the quality of prime lenses is just out of this world.

All of my photos thus far are taken on my 100mm, and some on my normal kit lens.

I only own two lenses and if I had to buy a new lens again, it will be a prime wide angle lens (f/2.8 version).

Like Tankman stated, the best camera is the one you have with you.

Also, the best gear won't make you a fantastic photographer. It is all about understanding your equipment and to use the best settings according to your light conditions.

I for one believe in good quality glass.

My camera is a Canon 1200D (entry-level) but I pair it with a 100mm f/2.8 macro L IS lens from Canon and the quality I get out of it is amazing!

Sure, my body do have downfalls - not the best in low light conditions, but the conditions I shoot in I haven't come across something major.

You get to know your equipment with time, therefore you know what conditions you can shoot in to produce good quality images or not.

Also, I am huge fan of prime lenses. Okay, yes I will need to carry two lenses on yourself (one for wide angles shots and a telephoto) but the quality of prime lenses is just out of this world.

All of my photos thus far are taken on my 100mm, and some on my normal kit lens.

I only own two lenses and if I had to buy a new lens again, it will be a prime wide angle lens (f/2.8 version).

The 70-200 is a great lens for sports :thumbup:

Very true. Alas, the 70 - 200mm f/2.8 version is very expensive, even second hand.

Great lens nevertheless, autofocusing will also be a lot faster than my 100mm.

EDIT: Why I love my 100mm is the fact that if I need close up detail shots - I have that ability and the detail you get is fantastic! So it is quite a versatile lens for me.

First want to save up for a power meter for my bike 

:ph34r: 

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Very true. Alas, the 70 - 200mm f/2.8 version is very expensive, even second hand.

Great lens nevertheless, autofocusing will also be a lot faster than my 100mm.

EDIT: Why I love my 100mm is the fact that if I need close up detail shots - I have that ability and the detail you get is fantastic! So it is quite a versatile lens for me.

First want to save up for a power meter for my bike

:ph34r:

The Sigma 70-200 is a great lens and not as expensive as the Canon.