Ritchey is making Frames again

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best that be an old picture or the frame is not going to make the age limit ........

Taken from the site, I think he'll be fine. 

Link: http://www.eroicacalifornia.com/regulation 

Point i)

"Of course, older road racing bicycles of the early 1900’s with single gear or flip-flop rear hubs don’t need to comply with the above criteria as long as they have their original components.

Vintage-Looking Bikes with steel frame from new or recent construction with vintage look and characteristics may be used only if they are road racing bikes assembled using vintage components or replicated parts similar to the original as described above. In particular if the bikes are inspired by the design of road racing bicycles of the 1970’s and 1980’s, they must comply with rules a), b), and c) above, regarding shift levers, toe clips and straps, and brake cables."

Best that be an old picture or the frame is not going to make the age limit ........

Was thinking the same...

Taken from the site, I think he'll be fine. 

Link: http://www.eroicacalifornia.com/regulation 

Point i)

"Of course, older road racing bicycles of the early 1900’s with single gear or flip-flop rear hubs don’t need to comply with the above criteria as long as they have their original components.

Vintage-Looking Bikes with steel frame from new or recent construction with vintage look and characteristics may be used only if they are road racing bikes assembled using vintage components or replicated parts similar to the original as described above. In particular if the bikes are inspired by the design of road racing bicycles of the 1970’s and 1980’s, they must comply with rules a), b), and c) above, regarding shift levers, toe clips and straps, and brake cables."

Way more classy to pitch up on an actual old bike though... He shouldn't battle with that either...

Way more classy to pitch up on an actual old bike though... He shouldn't battle with that either...

Hey why not just build a new one.... Yourself and show up.

He's Tom effing Ritchey he does what he wants.

He's Tom effing Ritchey he does what he wants.

and look how that worked out for the last guy who said " I'm effing Oscar Pistorius and I can do what I want"

or

" I'm effing JG Zuma and I can do what I want" :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:  

:blush:

Will Ritchey be doing a run of the orange goodies Shamus?

http://images.cyclingtips.com/content/uploads/2016/04/P1150599.jpg