Cyclist dies after hitting jogger

Tumbleweed

It could be both( he commutes or was patroling - maybe he was commuting to work on his bike and then patrols on another bike) - All agree to disagree, as there is too much speculation. I know this area, have ridden & driven a thousand times. The guards DO NOT wear helmets, the DO NOT have any lights or any reflective gear. The area is well lit .

I doubt whether he was commuting to work. I have seen the bike racks on the back of the Toyota Avanza's. (Three bike Thule's that cost more than the three bikes that they carry...). These guys report at the office and are deployed to their station. After their shift they are picked up and taken back to the office to sign off and do a hand over. If he was commuting, he would have used Blair Atholl of Methven Rd. Fyfe is a residential road.

Lets wait and see what the facts say. You are right, this is all speculation.

Security companies need to supply descent bikes, helmets, lights and reflective gear.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt whether he was commuting to work. I have seen the bike racks on the back of the Toyota Avanza's. (Three bike Thule's that cost more than the three bikes that they carry...). These guys report at the office and are deployed to their station. After their shift they are picked up and taken back to the office to sign off and do a hand over. If he was commuting, he would have used Blair Atholl of Methven Rd. Fyfe is a residential road.

Lets wait and see what the facts say. You are right, this is all speculation.

Security companies need to supply descent bikes, helmets, lights and reflective gear.

Fyfe is off Methven which is off Blair Atholl. I'll swing past on the way home to confirm.

I think he is going to feel like a big p0ephol once he gets out of hospital :thumbup:

This is pure speculation, but he was probably stoned They have been busting these guys left right and centre at the guard huts for being in possesion and selling zol. They busted a few last week in this exact area.

Ill bet he didnt have a lid on. It should be compulsory that if you ride a bike you should wear a helmet. I recently wiped out, when I look at my Rudy Project Helmet and think that my noodle could have taken the impact is is very scary. The helmet is trashed. Unfortunately many people dont have food to eat so the cost of a basic helmet is out of the question.

Government should step in and make it compulsory that when a bike is sold, the sale should include a helmet. Then they can police the situation. Those poor people with bikes already should be given helmets.But then again government are so focussed on self enrichment that this would never receive any attention.

Anyway you hang in there Mr Security

this was something that was attempted with the sale of motorbikes.... still nothing, other than some individuals taking the initiative to print flyers that a few willing shops handed out on motorbike sales

Fyfe is off Methven which is off Blair Atholl. I'll swing past on the way home to confirm.

Yebo. Fyfe runs "parallel" to Bliar Atholl and "perpendicular" to Methven. It just seems a bit out of the way for a comuter route to me...

Damn Joggers.

Sounds like the poor sod was ambushed! - It says he 'lost control'.

Of course, for one to loose control, one has to have had control in the first place! - Likely...

Just shows to go, you can't believe everything you hear from The Media.

Exactly, the correct approach is to hit the jogger / pedestrian / tourist / drunken reveller square on and use their body as a mattress. Works like a charm, done it several times, although it must be said some mattresses are comfier than others.

Chop. did brainwater teach you nothing?

Yebo. Fyfe runs "parallel" to Bliar Atholl and "perpendicular" to Methven. It just seems a bit out of the way for a comuter route to me...

Westville!

I would say that the poor bloody runner was LOST, and in all the confusion the Security Guard was going the wrong way anyway.

That pretty much describes WESTVILLE. It's as bad as PIETERMARITZBURG...no wait, worse! It's dark and gloomy too! Either way. A Stupid place to be running.

You run in WESTVILLE and the assumption is that you have just stolen something...

'ang on a minute. Maybe the "Securit'" was trying to catch The Jogger. :unsure: :unsure:

Roads are dangerous places?

Cyclists are a f*&kin menace and should all be removed. FFS! Even the joggers know enough to put em down.

Cyclists are a f*&kin menace and should all be removed. FFS! Even the joggers know enough to put em down.

Ok I concede humour is perhaps misplaced on this thread. But if collision is inevitable aim for the chunky ones.

I know that the runners, especially the tri-athlete super buffed kind of runners,who use the Atlantic Seaboard as training grounds, take a perverse pleasure in running abreast (ha ha sorry that's just such a funny word - abreast..) of each other. This forces the rider out of the yellow line and into the path of high speed traffic. Now the thing is the runners can see if traffic is approaching. But the cyclist has to rely on the signals his ears are receiving.

Ah I do so enjoy the thrill of the chase - I simply choose a line just inside the yellow line, put my head down and hold it. so far so good..

They do this everywhere - I ride straight at them if they are running in the road and they usually jump smartly out of the way. Have had a few verbal altercations with the more obtuse variety however. Part of the reason I don't road ride anymore - dangerous drivers and runners...

Ok thanks, thats right were the Westville running club is as well.

I think you mean chiltern running club. I know a few folk there. will see if I can find any more info.

I think you mean chiltern running club. I know a few folk there. will see if I can find any more info.

Yeah, sorry Chiltern.

Hey Drongo - You dissing my hood? How is The Ville worse that Maritzbara?

Edited by Caerus

Hahahaha! Damn straight!