Another crash at Tokai on Saturday.

Top Fuel

Sorry girls, I didnt see the ER24 chopper bit. Yes, Medical would foot this bill. If you see the red & white chopper this is the city. Yes, 16k. Costs money to keep a bird like that in the sky.

k, you can put your panties on now people.

And yes, I sort of kind of have an issue with roadies at Tokai. Mostly because I'd rather not have to see your ass in lycra, or have to wait behind you because you're too scared to go through a 5cm deep puddle. When in Rome I guess.

***flame suit on***

You forgot to mention your Bum Cream fetish!

Edited by splat

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone put a price tag on someone's life! 8k/h, 16k/h or whatever the amount is compared to a family loosing a loved one, whatever it takes to get someone out of accident scene back to the hospital should be done!

I'm with you on this one gwhite, and in fact in a lot of cases it ends up being cheaper using a chopper as a quick response time can reduce the overall medical bill - and possibly save a life.

I thought airforce did all that for free?

Fuel cost on a small chopper like the ones used by netcare can't be more than R8000 per hour.

Nope Airforce dont usally do local ones , I flew with 15th sqd in the berg when was out on a rescue and even then it was hard to get them out.

Its not just the fuel its the staff, the service after x amount of flying hours etc all adds up and as its a business its profit

nah I like rattling your cage... :rolleyes: just think before you post man.

I've just blocked your posts. Do the same and we'll never have to cross paths. Thanks.

Gravity riders. They're such poofters. They want a friggin protective suit for everything. Mehehehehe.

Touche'!

You forgot to mention your Bum Cream fetish!

No bum cream this side! seems like Tokai's been getting it's fair share of bumcream-spandex-warriors these days. Thankfully we have the downhills.

How can anyone put a price tag on someone's life! 8k/h, 16k/h or whatever the amount is compared to a family loosing a loved one, whatever it takes to get someone out of accident scene back to the hospital should be done!

It's easy to put a price on one's life. In europe if you don't have a credit card or insurance they will not send a chopper. Yes, it's THAT bad. But, you'd be a lot more careful and less reckless if you knew there was no chance of getting rescued quickly. The price of a human life in SA is about 1 cellphone these days, or what was the price of the 400 000 people that Thabo saw off?

Nope Airforce dont usally do local ones , I flew with 15th sqd in the berg when was out on a rescue and even then it was hard to get them out.

Its not just the fuel its the staff, the service after x amount of flying hours etc all adds up and as its a business its profit

Correct, it's the fuel, the servicing the pilot etc.

It's easy to put a price on one's life. In europe if you don't have a credit card or insurance they will not send a chopper. Yes, it's THAT bad. But, you'd be a lot more careful and less reckless if you knew there was no chance of getting rescued quickly.

That’s a fairly thoughtless comment!

Who rides with the morbid foresight of having to be rescued by a chopper after a serious accident?

From your posts, it seems your are the almighty professional DH rider who only deserves rescuing when you see your ass.

Oh right...you never see your ass, your just that good!

Edited by Chubba

It's easy to put a price on one's life. In europe if you don't have a credit card or insurance they will not send a chopper. Yes, it's THAT bad. But, you'd be a lot more careful and less reckless if you knew there was no chance of getting rescued quickly. The price of a human life in SA is about 1 cellphone these days, or what was the price of the 400 000 people that Thabo saw off?

Sorry, but if I am paying for medical aid every month the least that I can expect is to be air lifted out of any situation where I could die. I have all the right to use my medical aid scheme as I please, what gives you the right to tell me otherwise?

It's easy to put a price on one's life. In europe if you don't have a credit card or insurance they will not send a chopper. Yes, it's THAT bad.

Awesome. And in Australia?

By the way, when do you leave? You're stinking us up a bit. Bye, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

That’s a fairly thoughtless comment!

Who rides with the morbid foresight of having to be rescued by a chopper after a serious accident?

From your posts, it seems your are the almighty professional DH rider who only deserves rescuing when you see your ass.

Oh right...you never see your ass, your just that good!

Why is it thoughtless? It's FACT! Don't try to deduce anything from my posts Chubba. I fall plenty. I'm for the most part well protected though. I don't see why a personal attack is in order here. Cheer up.

Sorry, but if I am paying for medical aid every month the least that I can expect is to be air lifted out of any situation where I could die. I have all the right to use my medical aid scheme as I please, what gives you the right to tell me otherwise?

DID I TELL YOU OTHERWISE? I said if it's ER24 then Medical aid pays, Red&white chopper City pays. Please don't get your panties all in a knot. Relax.

Awesome. And in Australia?

By the way, when do you leave? You're stinking us up a bit. Bye, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

Haha, seems like it's Crybaby day on the hub today. wow. Smile

Ja, the insurance for heli-vac in europe also costs about the same as a pizza, which is why everyone takes it out. In SA we obviously can't do it at low costs - too few mountain users.

Which is why in SA it is Free - unless of course you have medical aid, in which case the medical aid pays. As i mentioned earlier - in many cases, using a helicopter for mountain rescue works out cheaper than not.

BTW - a small helicopter as far as i know uses about 200l fuel per hour - so fuel costs not that high.

Ja, the insurance for heli-vac in europe also costs about the same as a pizza, which is why everyone takes it out. In SA we obviously can't do it at low costs - too few mountain users.

Which is why in SA it is Free - unless of course you have medical aid, in which case the medical aid pays. As i mentioned earlier - in many cases, using a helicopter for mountain rescue works out cheaper than not.

BTW - a small helicopter as far as i know uses about 200l fuel per hour - so fuel costs not that high.

Thanks mofo

Seems like DH riders have a similar arrogance to the beloved roadie.

DID I TELL YOU OTHERWISE? I said if it's ER24 then Medical aid pays, Red&white chopper City pays. Please don't get your panties all in a knot. Relax.

Don't judge a book by its cover, in fact I am so chilled that I am currently on my balcony at home enjoying this fantastic weather. Think the person who needs to relax is you, no need to shout, ever heard of freedom of speach? Fact, and quote "But, you'd be a lot more careful and less reckless if you knew there was no chance of getting rescued quickly." Weather I am reckless or not, you don't have the right to tell me otherwise!

Why is it thoughtless? It's FACT! Don't try to deduce anything from my posts Chubba. I fall plenty. I'm for the most part well protected though. I don't see why a personal attack is in order here. Cheer up.

Dude, you have scathing comments directed at XC riders that fall? What’s that about?

Read your own posts and understand why you have received the responses you have.

Nobody, and I know this for a fact, nobody wants to hurt themselves on the mountain.

Yes, DH riders are better protected, but you guys take bigger risks I guess.

For a guy taking a ride to the mast, to work the legs and heart, and coming off on a tricky section was, I am sure, not his idea of a good ending to an awesome days ride. BUT, I am sure, he is very happy to have looked up through the blood to see a chopper coming to rescue him. Stuff the money, it’s all useless if your dead anyways and better used in fuel for a chopper than Juju's 2 days spending spree at some hotel!

Actually, its the other way around.

You are doing your absolute best to wind everyone up.

As usual.

Sometimes you have a point in what you are saying, but its usually lost in your childish aggressive tone.