Another crash at Tokai on Saturday.

Top Fuel

Don't judge a book by its cover, in fact I am so chilled that I am currently on my balcony at home enjoying this fantastic weather. Think the person who needs to relax is you, no need to shout, ever heard of freedom of speach? Fact, and quote "But, you'd be a lot more careful and less reckless if you knew there was no chance of getting rescued quickly." Weather I am reckless or not, you don't have the right to tell me otherwise!

The only thing I'm going to tell you is to please use spellcheck in future. Now before you get all uptight about your rights and blah blah, save your (figurative) breath. I don't care. Ignore my posts rather, then breathe.

Some interesting info on heli-vac: http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=142391 (@ Whistler)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=204365

At a glance I see one heli-vac going for $2750 and another at $12k. Seems like that insurance is a BIG must for sure. I for one am glad that we have free vac here. Not complaining at all. (I never gave my opinion on it btw - all the panties went flying when I mentioned the price and who pays). As a taxpayer I'm glad to see my money being spent on chopper flips ;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I'm going to tell you is to please use spellcheck in future. Now before you get all uptight about your rights and blah blah, save your (figurative) breath. I don't care. Ignore my posts rather, then breathe.

Some interesting info on heli-vac: http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=142391 (@ Whistler)

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=204365

At a glance I see one heli-vac going for $2750 and another at $12k. Seems like that insurance is a BIG must for sure. I for one am glad that we have free vac here. Not complaining at all. (I never gave my opinion on it btw - all the panties went flying when I mentioned the price and who pays). As a taxpayer I'm glad to see my money being spent on chopper flips ;)

You are one unique cookie my friend.

As a taxpayer I'm glad to see my money being spent on chopper flips ;)

That’s a bit of a turnaround dude. Let me refresh your memory! You said it all.

Seen a bunch of accidents in that area around the hairpin there. It's definitely XC types who are likely roadies. Who in their right mind would go all the way to Tokai to ride up a tar road? You'd be better off doing the hill up to the tar road, take a right, go down bridal trail and back up a few times. Maybe the repetition of singletrack would hone some skill in staying on the bike?

While accidents are obviously just that, it's a huge waste of our city resources with a heli-vac going at about R16k/h.

Edited by Chubba

blah blah blah

As a taxpayer I'm glad to see my money being spent on chopper flips ;)

I'd rather see my tax money going to save a life that being wasted spent on Range Rover Sports, 5 million rand mansions, etc.

That’s a bit of a turnaround dude. Let me refresh your memory! You said it all.

Seen a bunch of accidents in that area around the hairpin there. It's definitely XC types who are likely roadies. Who in their right mind would go all the way to Tokai to ride up a tar road? You'd be better off doing the hill up to the tar road, take a right, go down bridal trail and back up a few times. Maybe the repetition of singletrack would hone some skill in staying on the bike?

While accidents are obviously just that, it's a huge waste of our city resources with a heli-vac going at about R16k/h.

I didnt say I minded it though. READ carefully. You are assuming things. Getting slammed on Moet is a waste of money too, but I don't mind that either.

Seems like you are offended by my roadie remark? Is that why it's in red?

http://www.looklocal.co.za/looklocal/content/en/alberton/alberton-news-sport?oid=1523127&sn=Detail&pid=1171126&Helivac---your-cycle-buddy-for-life

http://helivac.wordpress.com/what-is-helivac/

Local non-medical aid Heli-vac @ R149/month. Now how to convince them that my 'doctor' is on top of the mountain, and I need to be lifted there 4 times per day per weekend. :rolleyes:

When exactly did you escape from the room with the padded white walls?

Haha, seems like it's Crybaby day on the hub today. wow. Smile

Shame. Why you crying now, baby gary? Need a tissue?

Seems like you are offended by my roadie remark? Is that why it's in red?

That's right, thats the reason!

Maybe people should be a bit more carefull and ride within their abilities. It seems that it is mostly the xc guys that get nailed.

Maybe that`s because XC riders make up for 90% of the cyclists on the mountain!!

They also cover trails which are unknown as to what lies ahead especially after rain or SANparks have done work.

DH riders stick to one section and ride it repeatedly! Obviously getting to know it very well.

Jeez dudes. Why all the handbag slinging on a Monday morning? Save it for the I HATE ROADIES comments. Are we not all supposed to get along? Or is this still related to the jealous DH riders that can't ride up the single track vs the jealous XC riders that can't make the jumps going down?

Love and Peace!

That’s a fairly thoughtless comment!

Who rides with the morbid foresight of having to be rescued by a chopper after a serious accident?

From your posts, it seems your are the almighty professional DH rider who only deserves rescuing when you see your ass.

Oh right...you never see your ass, your just that good!

+1 :thumbup:

You are one unique cookie my friend.

Why do people always say " my friend" , when they actually mean " you do*s " ?

Why do people always say " my friend" , when they actually mean " you do*s " ?

'hub` etiquette! :lol: