Another crash at Tokai on Saturday.

Top Fuel

Why do people always say " my friend" , when they actually mean " you do*s " ?

Not me. I call a prick a f*&kin prick.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it as soon as a roadie gets a mountain bike, the idiot feels the need to ride to the mast

Oh come on guys.

grb, I think we should resurrect riding DH in lycra like we used to in the old days (like Johnny T stylin' it below :thumbup:)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FfzX4c-Ke2A/TGL_ZC_-YZI/AAAAAAAAAcE/PJSeZwFQKYI/s1600/Tomac-Picture-hi.jpg

For what it's worth, I *always* ride in lycra, whether I'm sprinting uphill or sailing over a rock garden going downhill.

Don't judge a rider by their spandex ;)

wow, this thread got real nasty. True, there are 16varieties of idiots out there on both sides, but come on, when someone falls, lets just all commiserate with the poor sod.

but the 16varieties of idiot that ride up DH tracks, that's fair game.

and MH dont make me slap you.. Bring lycra back? *shudder* :thumbdown:

Why is it as soon as a roadie gets a mountain bike, the idiot feels the need to ride to the mast

I think because for a roadie the MTB is just another hill climbing intervals session. This is why those same chops descend on the fire road instead of learning the skills involved in controlling a bike on loose surfaces and it's why we end up seeing roadies smeared all over the place when they even sniff a water break.

@Martin. Dude, those days are long gone thank goodness. I have all the respect in the World for 'No-Way-Ray', but that lycra phase was appalling. Why not get yourself a nice pair of shorts for riding? Nobody wants to see your boep and chop bru!

TNT, sigh. So aggressive. So many big bad swear words. Just breathe, then unknot your panties.

Edited by grb285

Another fairly constructive, non-controversial thread destroyed by the DH gang. Nice work.

You know, I was thinking that the handful (see what I did there?) causing *** here were the minority, giving the rest of the downhillers a bad name, with your 'I will moer you wif my full face helmet' attitude, but then I realised, DH is a tiny, weeny, whiny minority already. And the other two South African downhillers are too busy actually riding at this time of year to post here.

@Martin. Dude, those days are long gone thank goodness. I have all the respect in the World for 'No-Way-Ray', but that lycra phase was appalling. Why not get yourself a nice pair of shorts for riding? Nobody wants to see your boep and chop bru!

Haha! Dude, *please* don't mention my boep, even though it's not much to speak of, it's a sore topic...

I rode with baggies for a brief while a few years ago, but it just ain't comfortable after about 40km. Some of us ride long distances and then pin the downhills. You should take Bos on about this, he rides in full-on XC-roadie gear (no visor, long socks and all) and then pancakes doubles on the way down :lol:

Yeah, I have to admit my contingent of the ride yesterday were the only ones in lycra, weirdly enough. Isn't retro supposed to be cool?! :P

Back on topic though, it seems the weekend claimed quite a few victims. Another one which hasn't been mentioned yet: Cptmayhem had to evac a little dude (probably about 14) from that rooty section after the big berm on the downhill, the guy broke his brake lever off by smashing it into his thigh, ouch!

As much as everyone loves to throw a punch around here, it's heartening to see fellow riders help each other out on the trail. I'm pretty sure even the hardest-a$$ here will stop and help - as long as that's the case, everything is OK...

As much as everyone loves to throw a punch around here, it's heartening to see fellow riders help each other out on the trail. I'm pretty sure even the hardest-a$$ here will stop and help - as long as that's the case, everything is OK...

Hey there are no punches. It's just words. In the real World I'll help out anyone, and I greet everyone too. Just don't be a dick and ride up downhills, or not yield when I'm bleeding up a singletrack. Common law always stands.

It still doesn't make me like seeing a 40+ grown man who has not looked after himself, standing in spandex in the carpark. Do these fools not look in the mirror and feel the shame? When it comes to situations like these, in the words of the mighty Skeletor: "I am not prejudice, I hate you all the same".

Cheers.

Hey there are no punches. It's just words. In the real World I'll help out anyone, and I greet everyone too. Just don't be a dick and ride up downhills, or not yield when I'm bleeding up a singletrack. Common law always stands.

It still doesn't make me like seeing a 40+ grown man who has not looked after himself, standing in spandex in the carpark. Do these fools not look in the mirror and feel the shame? When it comes to situations like these, in the words of the mighty Skeletor: "I am not prejudice, I hate you all the same".

Cheers.

:eek: hmm its not how we look but whats in our hearts .

...in the words of the mighty Skeletor: "I am not prejudice, I hate you all the same".

Haha, awesome! I need to remember that one...

wow, this thread got real nasty. True, there are 16varieties of idiots out there on both sides, but come on, when someone falls, lets just all commiserate with the poor sod.

but the 16varieties of idiot that ride up DH tracks, that's fair game.

Haha!! Dude - subtle on the 16varieties of individual, mate... Very subtle.

And as for bringing Lyra back - you should have seen MH rockin the lycra yesterday. Between that and his shiny a$$ bike, he could've been a local on a gay pride march!

Just kidding, MH - your bike is awesome!

Haha! Dude, *please* don't mention my boep, even though it's not much to speak of, it's a sore topic...

I rode with baggies for a brief while a few years ago, but it just ain't comfortable after about 40km. Some of us ride long distances and then pin the downhills. You should take Bos on about this, he rides in full-on XC-roadie gear (no visor, long socks and all) and then pancakes doubles on the way down :lol:

I know what you mean about comfort. Which is why I wear my bibs under the shorts. Sneaky sneaky!

Yeah, I have to admit my contingent of the ride yesterday were the only ones in lycra, weirdly enough. Isn't retro supposed to be cool?! :P

Back on topic though, it seems the weekend claimed quite a few victims. Another one which hasn't been mentioned yet: Cptmayhem had to evac a little dude (probably about 14) from that rooty section after the big berm on the downhill, the guy broke his brake lever off by smashing it into his thigh, ouch!

That little guy was sore, man. Really sore. Damn lucky though, cos he got nabbed about an inch from his tjollie! Guy was a trooper though. Handled it well. Thank goodness he had bar end-caps on. Coulda been alot worse!

But MH - you're forgetting about the other wipeout within our riding party - broken collarbone on Boulders. Just an unruly front tire, and POP!

And that wasn't an XCer (in the traditional sense, that is)

Cheers.

Wow dude, you must friggen awesome, seriously, no jokes here. You obviously stand in front of the mirror every morning admiring your amazing physique, and whisper sweet nothings into your own ear about what a big brave boy you are. I bet, as you slip on those macho dh baggies you can't help but give yourself a slap on the backside, hey, and a little wink in the mirror for the macho boy.

Careful you don't go hurt yourself now on that dh machine of yours, the chopper isn't big enough for both you and your ego.

Cheers.

That's it!! This is getting personel now. You obviousley sore me their on Saturday. Since when has there being a age or wait restriction on whereing spandex?? :cursing: And why you looking at fourty plus grown men?? :whistling:

in the words of the mighty Skeletor: "I am not prejudice, I hate you all the same".

In the words of the almighty bob: " you f*&king prick".