Appeal to Cradle roadies

divernick

This thread will go something like this:

1) Roadies - F#$@^ you all! we will ride were we want as we are also road users

2) MTBers - WTF??

3) Others - Ride like that and you will get killed - you are selfish!

4) Home owners in the cradle - We will kill all roadies in "our cradle" with our 4x4s

And there I have summarized 17 pages in to 4 points!

and I fixed it!

I recently nearly ploughed through a group of roadies who had stopped on an onramp onto the M4 in Durban (Blue Lagoon) and had not bothered to clear the road or pull off to the side...

I come along in my double cab, take the sharp left to find the entire onramp full of roadies, just standing around... I just put my hand on the hooter and drove...

The weak and stupid must die... simple...

I am not going to roll/smash/ damage my car to avoid inconsiderate roadies...

I'm a roadie 1st, i started MTBing last year, went to Teak on Sat as well and i agree, the group i ride with in the East is disciplined in large groups, pairs all the way and in an orderly fashion.

I can only describe what i encountered on Sat as clumps, no order, just roadies hap hazardly all ova the place, p's me off. If it's a club, they need to sort their **** out!

As a motorist, patience for 10 seconds means nobody gets hurt and we all have a happy day still. Motorist taking out a cyclist cos you're being held up by 1 min means u'll be late by a day? Spend multiple days in court etc, not worth the minute.

Chillax, cos u will get caught at every robot just to aggrivate things :P

I'm a roadie 1st, i started MTBing last year, went to Teak on Sat as well and i agree, the group i ride with in the East is disciplined in large groups, pairs all the way and in an orderly fashion.

I can only describe what i encountered on Sat as clumps, no order, just roadies hap hazardly all ova the place, p's me off. If it's a club, they need to sort their **** out!

As a motorist, patience for 10 seconds means nobody gets hurt and we all have a happy day still. Motorist taking out a cyclist cos you're being held up by 1 min means u'll be late by a day? Spend multiple days in court etc, not worth the minute.

Chillax, cos u will get caught at every robot just to aggrivate things :P

:thumbup:

I was in one of the road bunches on the cradle road on saturday and have to agree with Divernick - the bunch was all over the show and rode like a bunch of morons. The way back was much better but when we entered the cradle it was embarrassing how everybody was spread all over the place. You win some, you lose some.

I have ridden that road OFTEN and 95% of the time the bunch is very disciplined and keeps 2 abreast. The other 5% of the time, not so good. Saturday was a "not so good" day.

Where do we go to start a fred called: Motorists in the cradle, use your god given sense, and look out for cyclists and motorcyclists, try your very best to see them, avoid them, appreciate that they very probably pay as much tax as you, have as much right as you to use the road, and if you have to take your foot off the accelerator for a moment, and pass them when it's safe, you wont actually be late for anything.

I mean, really, where do we post this thread?

If you really want a good story on a motorist, I can tell you about the stupid person that tried to kill me, my wife, my kids and one of my dogs today.

THIS SPORT AND IT'S PEOPLE ARE A BIT DAFT... one day there will be piece. But not today.

Be cairful or the spelling and grammar police will rubbish you're argument to the trash can. Best you give them a peace of your mind before they do. wink.gif

Jeez guys. In our troubled world where there are so many important issues to discuss, do we really have to go through this again.?

Can we not rather deal with something important like who has right of way through the trees at Delta park, decenders or those going up-hill ?

:D :D

Edited to add smilies so uberposters realize I was kidding and don't continue to look down on lowly domestiques :D

Edited by eddy

Jeez guys. In our troubled world where there are so many important issues to discuss, do we really have to go through this again.?

Can we not rather deal with something important like who has right of way through the trees at Delta park, decenders or those going up-hill ?

In Delta Park? You must be joking. Ascenders. If folk can't see each other in Delta Park and use the space, they shouldn't be riding.

Only one so called tree section I can think of, and that's near the fence line on the far side going towards Fratellis. Can see a rider from either end of that.

Failing that, photo bomb yo

Edited by danger dassie

My biggest issues are the motorcycles. The bicycles and cars can get around each other but when some lunatic comes hauling around a bend @ 200km/h you have no time to react...

Is it not true that the rules of the road state that when 1 vehicle overtakes another vehicle they should do in a separate lane and also not on a solid barrier line? Now cyclist are classified as vehicles - so surely motorist should also obey the rules and indicate when over taking and do this in a separate lane. Just because probably about 99% of the time cyclist are so considerate to other road users by keeping left and thus not disrupting traffic flow it still does not make other motorist legal to pass in the same lane! If you 1 or 4 cyclist abreast by law it should not really matter to an overtaking motorist - if that motorist is obeying the law themselves and indicating to overtake and doing it in a separate lane.