Sani2c rush entry is pathetic

pauloc

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ridden 3 times now and will not ride again next year.

Time to give someone else a turn.

The entry process was a bit of a mess last year.

Good luck!

I tried at 11:59 when it actually opened and did not get a response back after pressing the register button.

Then kept in trying until 13:20 and now on waiting list, even after doing it for the last 4 years.

This is blows.

... jinne maar die mense is boos ...

Doesn't matter what the bandwidth are, if you got an entry @ 11:59 or 14:30 ... there is only "X" amount of entries available, so the idea is not for everyone to get an entry ...

Just submitted my entry now and got accepted to the race! Roll on 17 May 2012!

We need Clarification on this new rush entry process. As far as i understand it is a first come first serve basis regardless of whether you have done it before or not. How then, do we see situation of people registering/entering just after 12 and getting on the waiting list, and people entering now and getting an entry. the whole things sounds very dodgy to me <_<

I have no idea where the idea came from that there is no preferential entry to past competitors. All the emails received so far said that past riders will get onto the accepted list, and that the waiting list is being redone from scratch, so those lucky enough to get a toe in early on their crammed server will stand a good chance of getting a ride.

SEE, like I said go on now and register again.

nope - i am on the waiting list still. Interesting that i was able to enter my id again even though it has already been registered before.

I have no idea where the idea came from that there is no preferential entry to past competitors. All the emails received so far said that past riders will get onto the accepted list, and that the waiting list is being redone from scratch, so those lucky enough to get a toe in early on their crammed server will stand a good chance of getting a ride.

i understood it as that as well.

once the size of the waiting list has been established, a decision will be made about the possible 3rd event.

From the website - Entry procedure:

The major changes which have been made are:

A new "Rush Entry" process to apply for a spot. Please note that everyone, whether they have participated before or not, need to register during the Rush Entry time to get their spots, or get onto the Waiting List queue. It will work on a first come first serve basis. We have limited team numbers, and once they are full, we will not be accepting any further registrations. All previous years Waiting List riders will need to re-apply this year.

EDIT:

ok reading it again - it is just poor grammar. Why dont they just spell it out - "Previous years riders will still get preferential entry"

Edited by Stretch

how does someone that register at 13:45 get an antry an we get a "on the waiting list" at 12:45??? :thumbdown:

+1

Maybe their server crashed and when they restarted it, it took some of the entrants who registered later? But yeah, it's cr@p to sit with a 'maybe' letter, if some okes receive an accepted one now.

If you preach 'first come, first served', stick to it. :(

Taken from the post they made on their facebook page...

“Applicants will have from midday until 9pm to register their details on our website. Those who raced last year will be recognised by the system and given preference."

Seems like the system didnt recognise most of last years entrants, and they are all on the waiting list now.

Don't you love the irony... With the amount of traffic going through that server it is still a lottery as to when you get through! Haha!!!

I logged on, entered my details as per this years event and in a matter of seconds got a response that I am on the accepted list.

Dont see what the fuss is.