Ultegra Di2

robsc

Hi everybody , what a great forum to belong to, with all the info here I'm sure that somebody may have the answer to the following .

When will the above groupset realistically be available , as I I tried CRC but they are talking about stock arriving end November beginning December 2011 .

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are on the bikes at Eurobike

post-4352-0-50407700-1314891728.jpg

post-4352-0-35798800-1314891729.jpg

Ask Chris Willemse to bring you a set, they are there right now!

What will these retail for?

DA > R20k.

I'm guessing ± R15k. (any prizes for guessing right.?)

Edited by Thomo

• 4 weeks later...

Chatting bout Di2 strangely enough the comment was made at the Women's Elite race at the World's that most teams were using standard groupsets. The comment was made that electronic shifting was thought to be more suited for women because of less proportionate anatomy. Is it just sponsorship issues or is electronic sets just not catching on yet even amongst pros.

Is it just sponsorship issues or is electronic sets just not catching on yet even amongst pros.

Have you ever ridden Di2?You will never want o ride normal again.Electric shifting is effortless and fast.

Many of the pro's are riding DA DI2 here.

Many of the ladies ride Ultegra and also DA 7800,there budget isn't as big as the boys.

• 1 month later...

I just rode the Ultegra DI2 and it is great.Shifting is on par with Dura Ace but not as good as Dura ace DI2.

Shifting is effortless and precise even when shifting under a heavy load.The Sti levers are also very comfortable.

It's also very quiet when riding and shifting.

Santa i have been very very good this year...... ;)

Ultegra Di2 comming in January, according to CoolHeat who is the importer. Expected retail is about R20 000

Ultegra Di2 comming in January, according to CoolHeat who is the importer. Expected retail is about R20 000

WOW!!! I remember what it was like getting shafted in SA when it came to purchasing bikes and components!! That is plain NASTY!! Eina :blink:

Would be interesting to get some feedback from the Pros who were sponsored it after a season of use, like Leopard-Trek, although I know Fabian opted for the mechanical gears. Heard of others talk about it (like Sean Kelly) who said once you start using it there is no looking back, but then again he was given it.

I'll buy a bike with Ultegra Di2 already fitted. Giant, Silverback and Scott got some lekker deals going

I'll buy a bike with Ultegra Di2 already fitted. Giant, Silverback and Scott got some lekker deals going

For less than that price you can get sram red!

I dunno, maybe I just prefer sram.

For less than that price you can get sram red!

I dunno, maybe I just prefer sram.

I'm also the biggest SRAM fan. Mechanical I'll only ride SRAM, but the Di2 levers were so perfect for my smaller hands, I instantly fell in love. Shifting is very precise and quite.

To anybody without bias, go read this brilliant review by coloclimber on the weightweenies forum:

Di2 review on weightweenies.com by coloclimber

Allow me to quote a small part:

"Its like the hand of God reaches out to grab your chain and place it on the chainrings/cogs. I could rave here but will spare you and just say without a doubt its the best shifting groupset ever made. I've had every top group out there and Di2 crushes them all in pure performance. No, I don’t miss the natural clunks or multiple shifts with Campagnolo. Nor do I miss the tin feeling taps of SRAM. Di2 is quiet and works every time."

The guy thoroughly rode and thrashed the gruppo. He posted lots of nice pics, too:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_u-51r48y78c/SuyGfhgdZtI/AAAAAAAAIA4/KQaZjunC-s4/s720/October09%20148.jpg