Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

learnt this morning that a roadie commuter bike if far faster and less effort to ride than an MTB with knobblies 

I got a frame (80's) waiting in J-bay for me.

I gotta make a plan to get it up here so I can make myself a commuter. MTB Tyres gets destroyed by the tar.

took me awhile but i caught up!

I have been commuting for about 2 years about 7km one way, but started adding more by doing a couple of laps around rondebosch common. I ride a fold up and has been very convenient, especially when my tube burst for no reason in the office and wifey had to fetch me during her lunch time.

you guys sound like an interesting bunch! I guess cycling almost daily puts things into perspective.

things i have learned:

- morning chill/hill climb takes away that morning lethargy at the office

- not everyone knows about 2nd breakfast (but quite afew do)

- the wind at your back at the end of the day makes you forget how tired you were

- SUV's in the suburbs are driven by dodgy drivers

- parents dropping their kids at posh schools are in a bigger rush to get to work

- not sweaty...wait til you stop

I've ridden in the rain by accident and once out of neccessity. i need a bigger bike if i want to do that :)

edit: 2 years not weeks

Edited by wahe3bru

Guest notmyname

I got a frame (80's) waiting in J-bay for me.

I gotta make a plan to get it up here so I can make myself a commuter. MTB Tyres gets destroyed by the tar.

If you can organise to have it delivered to st Francis in the next four or five days I'll get it collected and bring it back with me at the beginning of May.

Close call!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/ebb3f94c2e596e38fce05bf6473b78ad/tumblr_nlu3b98CQZ1qbw072o1_500.gif

Close call!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/ebb3f94c2e596e38fce05bf6473b78ad/tumblr_nlu3b98CQZ1qbw072o1_500.gif

What a box

Close call!

That tandem captain did an amazing manoeuvre, something not so easily done with a tandem.   :clap:

took me awhile but i caught up!

I have been commuting for about 2 years about 7km one way, but started adding more by doing a couple of laps around rondebosch common. I ride a fold up and has been very convenient, especially when my tube burst for no reason in the office and wifey had to fetch me during her lunch time.

you guys sound like an interesting bunch! I guess cycling almost daily puts things into perspective.

things i have learned:

- morning chill/hill climb takes away that morning lethargy at the office

- not everyone knows about 2nd breakfast (but quite afew do)

- the wind at your back at the end of the day makes you forget how tired you were

- SUV's in the suburbs are driven by dodgy drivers

- parents dropping their kids at posh schools are in a bigger rush to get to work

- not sweaty...wait til you stop

I've ridden in the rain by accident and once out of neccessity. i need a bigger bike if i want to do that :)

edit: 2 years not weeks

Great first post. Welcome.

Learned some respect! Saw Ans on her way back to Tableview from Seapoint after work.That must be a +/-60km commute daily.Respect!!

Learned some respect! Saw Ans on her way back to Tableview from Seapoint after work.That must be a +/-60km commute daily.Respect!!

tough lady that

Each way?!?