Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Dumb birch in her BMW that had a road rage issue after I had a close call to her R14500 BMW when she pushed me off the road, then tried to hit me on the side walk / boken bike path

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early December mornings in Cape Town are just plain gorgeous!. Why people sleep late at this time of year I simply cannot fathom. There is NO morning rush hour and cycling is so much easier. The traffic jams only start at 10h00 when all the lemmings go jump off the shopping mall cliff. OK, off to work I go (on my bike)! :thumbup:

Dumb birch in her BMW that had a road rage issue after I had a close call to her R14500 BMW when she pushed me off the road, then tried to hit me on the side walk / boken bike path

Eish, I hope you lay a charge

Eish, I hope you lay a charge

Bastards at Silverton refused to open a case and wanted me to cycle to Garsfontein station to open a case.

I am nuts! Saw a max of 37.3 •C

post-686-1451923035,446.jpg

Had to stop. Almost lost a contact lens

I've been looking for a new backpack for awhile, So I've ordered one of these in Red, the brand seems to be Hasky, not very well known, but I wanted a backpack with a rain cover and slightly bigger than my current one, so hopefully will do the job.

This morning I learnt that if you greet some Cape Townians on his/her bikes they will fall off of the bicycle out of sheer shock from you having the audacity to say good morning to them...

I am going to make a game of this  :ph34r:  who wants to play?

This morning I learnt that if you greet some Cape Townians on his/her bikes they will fall off of the bicycle out of sheer shock from you having the audacity to say good morning to them...

I am going to make a game of this  :ph34r:  who wants to play?

Would love to, but my yearly solid 6 weeks of summer commuting has just ended with the schools starting yesterday. Now I'm dads' taxi again and I have to steal a commute here, there, whenever I can. Most days they have to cart such a massive lot of books and sports kit, that a car is the only option. Sadly. :(

Make the kids trap their own fietse to school and back. We call it commuting, use to called transport.

We have done that - cycled to school. I ride with them along a safe off-the-street route and drop them at the school gate. The issue is that stuff like a hockey keepers kit is totally impossible to carry on the bike. It fills up a car boot. Same with a javelin. Then I'm not even talking of the school book bag that will make an Everest mountaineer sweat. Whenever they write exams and don't have to cart so much stuff to school, we ride in.

Edit: Come to think of it, now i have a rock solid excuse to buy a Danish cargo bike! 

Edited by DJR