Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

quick question: i rode yesterday and got drenched. what do you do with your wet kit?

Ride it home again or take spare kit?

The aircon in my office is always on, and that does a pretty good job of drying out the kit by the afternoon. Sometimes doesn't dry it completely, then wet kit it is. The wet kit is only uncomfortable for the first couple of minutes.  A couple of kms into the ride it makes little difference.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question: i rode yesterday and got drenched. what do you do with your wet kit?

Here you go.

Then hang it up somewhere and it should be just about completely dry by home time.

https://youtu.be/9jUBYwQ1xlA

Edited by jimmycool

I find mine dries quickly at work although it is a climate controlled environment.

As long as you hang it in an area which has plenty of air circulation it seems to dry pretty quickly.

We also have a gym and heated locker rooms so that helps. Sorry, boasting a bit there :blush:

Not pretty, but it works! Thankfully no one at work complains and this desk is now officially a wet gear area.

post-43518-0-59357700-1461311482_thumb.jpg

Edited by J∆kk∆ls

I find mine dries quickly at work although it is a climate controlled environment.

As long as you hang it in an area which has plenty of air circulation it seems to dry pretty quickly.

We also have a gym and heated locker rooms so that helps. Sorry, boasting a bit there :blush:

where do you work? time to move jobs!! :)

I Thank you!

Is it cheating if I only rode one way today? I'll be getting a lift home due to an appointment with large amounts of beer.

It feels like cheating...

Beer doesn't care. Beer is always waiting for you to return home...

Never trust the weather report .Light rain! BAH .Got drenched this morning.Somehow the clothes in my pack stayed dry.Challenge now to get the kit dry in the storeroom.The worst is the water sloshing around inside your shoes

Never trust the weather report .Light rain! BAH .Got drenched this morning.Somehow the clothes in my pack stayed dry.Challenge now to get the kit dry in the storeroom.The worst is the water sloshing around inside your shoes

At least the sloshing water gets warm ;)

Never trust the weather report .Light rain! BAH .Got drenched this morning.Somehow the clothes in my pack stayed dry.Challenge now to get the kit dry in the storeroom.The worst is the water sloshing around inside your shoes

Rain was pretty constant this morning. Certainly not light.

I developed a cold, started Friday afternoon so no riding for me this morning.

I do enjoy the rain so a I'm little upset at whatever germ laden bastard gave me this virus.

Rain was pretty constant this morning. Certainly not light.

I developed a cold, started Friday afternoon so no riding for me this morning.

I do enjoy the rain so a I'm little upset at whatever germ laden bastard gave me this virus.

1000mg Vitamin C a day, has had my back all Winter 2015.

I'll be doing the same this year! 

pics of the commute

DAMMMMNNNN!!!

That's a lot of water! Should have taken a canoe to work rather :)