Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Do you possibly have more info on this route ?  May well be the best reason for many to join the Bottelary club ....

This is my mate's route into Technopark from Protea Hoogte:

post-275-0-06379900-1550563339_thumb.png

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoying this year's commute so far. Kiddie is now going to preschool about 2km from my house en route to work. Wife (with car) drops him off with fevastar seat and helmet for me to pick him up after work on my way back. 2y olds aren't the best storytellers...but damn he gets excited to give me the lowdown theretin front on his yellow foam throne. Best 5min of my day. Everyday.

Also. Last year my question was whether the schwalbe marathon plus tyres are worth the extra weight/rolling resistance. In short. Yes. Think I'd have more luck puncturing permatubes.

Really enjoying this year's commute so far. Kiddie is now going to preschool about 2km from my house en route to work. Wife (with car) drops him off with fevastar seat and helmet for me to pick him up after work on my way back. 2y olds aren't the best storytellers...but damn he gets excited to give me the lowdown theretin front on his yellow foam throne. Best 5min of my day. Everyday.

Post of the YEAR !

Just realised once again, there is no better way to start the day !!

Just a tad dark when I leave home 

post-110956-0-03224900-1550761731_thumb.jpg

But I get to marvel at the display of colours as the sky turns all shades of red as the day brakes

post-110956-0-81284600-1550761740_thumb.jpg

This is my mate's route into Technopark from Protea Hoogte:

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-02-19.png

These are the two routes I use to get into Stellenbosch

Bottelary - Devon valley road

post-84485-0-01235200-1550778150_thumb.png

And, Kuilsrivier - Polkedraai into Stellenbosch

post-84485-0-53823600-1550778215_thumb.png

Both routes are about 27km and I don't need a trail permit for these two roads.

Any brave souls planning to ride Tuesday morning ... seems there may be a spots of rain ....

Not a commuter, but will still be going for my early morning ride [emoji4]

So the morning commutes are starting to cool down, what do you Cape Town commuters wear to beat the chill and possible rain shower? I'm thinking about some new gloves and a waterproof backpack I've seen.

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/capestorm-dry-backpack/4182

https://www.evobikes.co.za/apparel/cycling-gloves/molon-labe-convect-padded-mtb-winter-gloves-neon-yellow.html

I've already got some leg warmers and a Lumo First Accent jacket.

Edited by Albatross

I just grow my chest hair!

Bad jokes aside, layers, layers and layers.

Usually flipping cold in the morning and nice on the way home, so just remove or add layers for the occation and get a gillet and light weight windbreaker that can hopefully also act as a rain shell.

A rain shell, or water proof back pack is a must!

Long finger gloves are essential, if it gets really cold I have a pair of thicker gloves, but I also just wear a pair of nitrile gloves under my gloves if it is really cold and wet.

Leg warmers, never used them.

So the morning commutes are starting to cool down, what do you Cape Town commuters wear to beat the chill and possible rain shower? I'm thinking about some new gloves and a waterproof backpack I've seen.

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/capestorm-dry-backpack/4182

https://www.evobikes.co.za/apparel/cycling-gloves/molon-labe-convect-padded-mtb-winter-gloves-neon-yellow.html

I've already got some leg warmers and a Lumo First Accent jacket.

I just grow my chest hair!

Bad jokes aside, layers, layers and layers.

Usually flipping cold in the morning and nice on the way home, so just remove or add layers for the occation and get a gillet and light weight windbreaker that can hopefully also act as a rain shell.

A rain shell, or water proof back pack is a must!

Long finger gloves are essential, if it gets really cold I have a pair of thicker gloves, but I also just wear a pair of nitrile gloves under my gloves if it is really cold and wet.

Leg warmers, never used them.

Chest hair not a problem, it all migrated down from the top of my head ^_^ , Like the layers idea.

it is #JustWater, so yes, we will be commuting.

ALMOST had my first rainy commute this morning  :whistling:   :devil:

just laughed and enjoyed the light mist in the air.

afterall thee Hairy DID say : it is #JustWater,   :thumbup: