Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Update on the brake system.  Works great.  Nearly killed myself this morning.  Forgot the power in the disk systems on MTB's

Just feeling little nervous.  Spotted the rain coming down outside.  Should not pose a problem, but the people in their cars looses 20% brain power behind the wheel when it rains.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a front mud guard and rear ass saver, works like a charm. need to pull them out again for the rainy season. 

I misplaced my front mud guards.  searched for them last night, but could not find them.  I have a rear guard, but the rear is not the problem.  The front tyre is the problem.

Update on the brake system. Works great. Nearly killed myself this morning. Forgot the power in the disk systems on MTB's

Just feeling little nervous. Spotted the rain coming down outside. Should not pose a problem, but the people in their cars looses 20% brain power behind the wheel when it rains.

Only 20%??

The more I ride the more I want to ride.

That I need a bike just for commuting.

That my car is (was as I sold it) a giant paper weight and one car is more than enough in a house hold.

My legs are bigger and stronger than they have ever been.

That most motorists are slaves caught in a systematic hell called traffic.

-If a motorist drives dangerously and you have the opportunity to point it out to them. Do so politely.

-If this still angers them simply say 'Oh forgive me lord I didn't know it was you' smile and ride on.

If you smile at people it will disarm them 99% of the time.

Lastly everyday is a good day to commute. (Weather)

-Wind will make you stronger and teach a thing about balance and control.

-Rain will teach you how to brake efficiently.

I have only been commuting for 3 years now so Im sure I have more to learn.

The more I ride the more I want to ride.

That I need a bike just for commuting.

That my car is (was as I sold it) a giant paper weight and one car is more than enough in a house hold.

My legs are bigger and stronger than they have ever been.

That most motorists are slaves caught in a systematic hell called traffic.

-If a motorist drives dangerously and you have the opportunity to point it out to them. Do so politely.

-If this still angers them simply say 'Oh forgive me lord I didn't know it was you' smile and ride on.

If you smile at people it will disarm them 99% of the time.

Lastly everyday is a good day to commute. (Weather)

-Wind will make you stronger and teach a thing about balance and control.

-Rain will teach you how to brake efficiently.

I have only been commuting for 3 years now so Im sure I have more to learn.

Welcome to the thread fellow commuter. Ride safely :thumbup:

Edited by ScottC-M

WOW huge storm in PTA.  Sort of glad I did not take the bicycle, but know that traffic is going to suck big time...

Got a proper lashing on Friday's commute home, you wouldn't think it's November and I'm in Cape Town10645079_10154797068345627_4050382553064http://41.media.tumblr.com/15967a9a8cff9a5852fc228b7321cb25/tumblr_mq2nxtfgFM1qj26eao1_500.jpg

Edited by Warren_G

Got a proper lashing on Friday's commute home, you wouldn't think it's November and I'm in Cape Town10645079_10154797068345627_4050382553064http://41.media.tumblr.com/15967a9a8cff9a5852fc228b7321cb25/tumblr_mq2nxtfgFM1qj26eao1_500.jpg

Jip I'm with you on this one, cycling with glasses sucks bigtime.

Sometimes you just find a rhythm on the way home, and a chilled "recovery commute" breaks a bunch of pb's. On those days, it all feels like zero effort, all reward.

Sometimes you just find a rhythm on the way home, and a chilled "recovery commute" breaks a bunch of pb's. On those days, it all feels like zero effort, all reward.

Usually a nice tail wind helps :P