Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it is good for the soul to just keep riding past the office and doing a long ride along the beachfront before returning to work.

I would love to do the same. 

Don't think about the rain .... just do it [emoji106]

The rain is just water ... it can keep you nicely hydrated if you keep your mouth open while riding ;)

The biggest surprise for me was how much water come off the tyres, straight into your mouth.

The biggest surprise for me was how much water come off the tyres, straight into your mouth.

Hey .. .what doesn't kill ... fattens  ;)

Witbank in any weather is a gamble.

Jhb has taxis, women in little black cars and egotisical men in SUVs.

Witbank has coal trucks and white bakkies.

I think our white bakkie drivers are the worst of the lot

Traffic in cape town northern suburbs this morning was HECTIC! luckily none of that affects me on the bike. Loving it!

http://youtu.be/9ClbgeWjrQA

I don't know if you thought you were going to get praise for this video but you've clearly gone full retard here! :thumbdown:

Or muddy water right in the eye!

Sometimes it is good for the soul to just keep riding past the office and doing a long ride along the beachfront before returning to work.

Nothing like sneaking away from work for a little trip to Campsbay or Oude Kraal and back.Brings back some sanity.

Used to do that commuting to school, would actually leave 20mins earlier so I could go for a little ride before the bell goes, just didn't want to stop riding, so many awesome memories!

Front mudguards are cheap, and one of the best buys you'll ever make for your commuter.

Front mudguards are cheap, and one of the best buys you'll ever make for your commuter.

I made a front mud guard and rear ass saver, works like a charm. need to pull them out again for the rainy season. 

I made a front mud guard and rear ass saver, works like a charm. need to pull them out again for the rainy season. 

You made your own? It would be interesting to see pics of those.

For me, I don't mind too much if my ass gets a little bit of a spray. But I absolutely can't stand street water flying into my face/eyes.

For me, I don't mind too much if my ass gets a little bit of a spray. But I absolutely can't stand street water flying into my face/eyes.

I made one for my mtb out of a 5L soft serve ice cream bottle and it is a permanent fixture. Works like a charm

Check out this thread. Page one has the template of the front and page 3 has the template of the ass-saver.

The front one might be a bit too short to stop all spray, but you can make it a bit longer - just till it nearly touches the frame.  

Edit: link added

Edited by Gandalf