Complete Rip off

akneethling

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday long SS outride planned, you wanna come ;)

Nah, got the boys, so if I don't make Saturday at Thaba, I'll go on Sunday.

Yeah, some of them, those along the Garden route it seems are struggling, but its more the developers who have gone bottom up due to the economy.

Old established clubs like the Johannesburg Country Club, Dainfern and so on are very popular and very well established. To get into the restaurant at Johannesburg club on a weekend you need to book 4 weeks in advance and that's with member priorities.

Even some of those old established clubs are in trouble, with all the Estates that have golf clubs no longer pull in the revenue they used to.

Sheesh, suddenly I'm appreciating Cape Town a bit more. :D

JHBers earn more money than us KPs. So they can afford to pay higher membership fees. Makes sense...

We all want these perfect trails to ride on but dont want to pay to have them kept that way ..... come on , its going to a safe place to ride for many , if its too higher cost simply dont go .

I've been watching the trailseeker series on Supersport, and frankly, those routes in Jozi have nothing on ours in Cpt......

btw.......

We also neglected to mention the security, ablutions, picnic area for the family, as well as the wine tasting and sales office (top class wines I might add)...... and At R350 there are very few annual permits that will compare to Oak Valley, as far as value for money, or quality of the ride...... just my opinion

Costs a whack to maintain and build trails, no point in paying 10 bucks a ride then falling into dongas and weeds on the trails. Ultimately the customers who pay the money will decide if fair value or not. If so , will keep going back , and if not, they will be gone like last weeks pay.

Personally I'm happy to pay to ride in a nice place, and a safe place where my current wife can go ride too.

BLOODY HELL :D

Well that gets the "NUBBIN POST FOR 2011" Award.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been watching the trailseeker series on Supersport, and frankly, those routes in Jozi have nothing on ours in Cpt......

possible. i learnt to cycle in jonkershoek when i was a student, and later learnt to cycle properly when i worked in george.

but let me know when you up here one day. i want to see the grin on your face when you cycle daggapad. or when you race around a corner on singletrack and then have to stop because there's zebra standing on the track and in no hurry to get out of your way.

then, when i'm in cape town again, you could show me some of your best :D

possible. i learnt to cycle in jonkershoek when i was a student, and later learnt to cycle properly when i worked in george.

but let me know when you up here one day. i want to see the grin on your face when you cycle daggapad. or when you race around a corner on singletrack and then have to stop because there's zebra standing on the track and in no hurry to get out of your way.

then, when i'm in cape town again, you could show me some of your best :D

lol.......... DEAL

But I don't see myself in Jozi too soon....... I love Cape Town too much