Complete Rip off

akneethling

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really pay or not really maintain?

Not really both. You've not paid for new trails and SANParks have paid for material.

Oak Valley is well manacured and marked....... And is probably 1 of the best rides in the country

I agree!

Can you get a year pass for Oak Valley?

I wish I could understand that one.. I should probably not ask..

previous one fell into the donga mentioned ?

I wish I could understand that one.. I should probably not ask..

LOL. I wonder how often he changes them, makes wives sound like a consumable.

Ride twice a week for 50 weeks and you pay R16 per session. Where else can you get a couple of hours entertainment for that price.

Kyalami is R10 per session... but that's for roadies :thumbup:

LOL. I wonder how often he changes them, makes wives sound like a consumable.

Only ever had this current one. She's cracker. Its a term of endearment. Try it

Giba Gorge R840 for annual pass. Money well spent. Not sure I'll pay double though.

Just for interest sake: A golf membership can cost anything from R2k upwards per annum. And then you still have to pay Greenfees on top of that. I saw the coverage last night on Super Cycling. I'd like to give it a bash when I get around to it, Looks a bit too manicured for my liking though. Not sure it simulates technical riding in any of the big races, bar Sani 2 C

I understand that cycling, and more Specifically Mountainbiking is a very popular sport/passtime, and therefore the business of supplying Cyclists/Mountainbikers (equipment and Routes/Trails/Venues) can be a lucrative business. I have no gripe with this......... But R1600 for an annual permit at the Toyota MTN Bikepark just sounds ridiculous. I do, however, not know all of the services offered by the park....... but come on........ R1600? Is this in any way acceptable?

This, in addition to the sometimes costly events (Day licenses and all the rest)Give us a break already

But us cyclists are used to being shafted, so R1600 is a bargain ;)

Just for interest sake: A golf membership can cost anything from R2k upwards per annum. And then you still have to pay Greenfees on top of that. I saw the coverage last night on Super Cycling. I'd like to give it a bash when I get around to it, Looks a bit too manicured for my liking though. Not sure it simulates technical riding in any of the big races, bar Sani 2 C

Try 5k upwards. Properly spensive game that thing. In for about 400 bucks a round. Great fun but costs zar

Up to you if you want to pay it or risk riding alone in JHB. Lady riding on my own? I can't put a price on safety...

Pleeeeeeze,pleeeeeeeze, don't let Mountainbiking go the golf way!

Come to think of it, with all the type A attitude, crowds, carbon and sponsored lycra I see on the mountain lately, it already has. All that was missing was a bike park/course. Soon there will be mountainbike housing estates!

I'm going to start riding higher up the mountain and further into the wilds to escape it all!

Groenkloof R600 per annum, R160 monthly, R25 once off. To make the annual one worth it you have to go twice a month. Money well spent!