Lance Armstrong is back!

gadget

The guy is a machine. Every so often the world is graced with the presence of a freak of nature who defies limits. Tiger Woods was the same (sex scandal aside), Schumacher, Ronaldo, Federer, Nadal.

These guys up the ante so to speak.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance armstrong confirms he will be doing his first triathlon in 20 years. An xterra in the States. Should draw a bit of interest...

he used to date Sheryl Crow right?

Steve, I'm sure he has a lot more swimming, running and riding base than a lot of us realise. His residence doesn't exactly lack facilities, so I'm sure he's done a lot of secret training.

Podium on the first race? Maybe not. But then I don't think it'll be long before he's in contention for the top spots.

I reckon Lance will get into the top 10 pretty quickly but won't dominate like he did on the bike. Top xterra athletes have years of conditioning in all 3 disciplines - Lance only has real conditioning in 1 (his youth years of triathlon aside).

Plus our Caveman is the Lance Armstrong of xterra :D

I reckon Lance will get into the top 10 pretty quickly but won't dominate like he did on the bike. Top xterra athletes have years of conditioning in all 3 disciplines - Lance only has real conditioning in 1 (his youth years of triathlon aside).

Plus our Caveman is the Lance Armstrong of xterra :D

Oh, I have no doubt of that! He's an xTerra machine, that guy. Extremely impressive athlete.

In terms of the conditioning, yes. There are not many ways of being able to overcome the deficit that you have when having only concentrated on one discipline for so many years of your life, but if I think of Ryan Sandes, and the way he's obliterated the ultra super marathon field, then the requirement to have years and years of training in all fields in order to be competitive kinda debunks itself...

I would think that the major difference between the guys who have been doing it, and the new entrants, is the mental toughness and knowledge that they can do it, and that they can do it that fast, for that long. It enables them to go all out, all the time, with the confidence that they can do it.

Unless he states that he is going to do it socially with mates, he wont be there for a hair cut!!!

was only 2 years ago that he came out of retirement and podiumed at the TDF???

never underestimate him...

Have you owes seen the documentries on James Cracknell on BBC?? also a freek...

Steve, I'm sure he has a lot more swimming, running and riding base than a lot of us realise. His residence doesn't exactly lack facilities, so I'm sure he's done a lot of secret training.

Podium on the first race? Maybe not. But then I don't think it'll be long before he's in contention for the top spots.

agreed, i wonder if he does more or less training compared to after his first 'retirement'.

thing is that he is going to be talked up to be invincible, and conrad et al will whip his ass. he might even lose places on the bike(not sure how rof the utah course is, but they're normally hectique)

On twitter getting blocked by Lance… ;)

I actually miss his rants about Lance - I wonder if he is reading this?

I actually miss his rants about Lance - I wonder if he is reading this?

Me too. From his tweets, he seems quite busy and focussed these days.

thing is that he is going to be talked up to be invincible, and conrad et al will whip his ass. he might even lose places on the bike(not sure how rof the utah course is, but they're normally hectique)

Armstrong is no slouch when it comes to bike handling.

Apparently there was that 60 mile qualifier race for leadville 100 that he won earlier this year. And wait for it....... "He launched his attack in the singletrack, broke away and won"..... i'd imagine he's pretty handy in the tight stuff!!!