Show us your pets

tunariaan

Hope no one minds more Emily pics, but these were taken at the Husky Rescue Mothers Day function where Emily was guest of honour.

post-268-0-23457900-1400071845_thumb.jpg

post-268-0-86693600-1400071841_thumb.jpg

AWESOME!!

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahaha! Mr Jones, the second one looks like she is mocking anyone who may have said she'd never make it! Love it, mate!

I captioned it her "Supermodel pose" strutting her stuff.

Can you believe there were some people that said we should have put her to sleep, it would have been kinder. I want them to come say that to her face.

Can you believe there were some people that said we should have put her to sleep, it would have been kinder. I want them to come say that to her face.

Good on you guy! She looks amazing!

Cant wait to meet her! Entered today for the 94.7 to join the Barking Army. Going to be EPIC!

If this carries on I'll be showing you my one pet spread over multiple posts..

FFS, that's a full toe gone!!

post-13110-0-42309800-1400076020_thumb.jpg

I can't get over this, it seems really serious, is the condition getting better and how long is it expected to last?

What is the long term prognosis?

Sorry for all the questions but I feel so sorry for you guys. Give him a big hug from me and all my pack.

Hi Ian, unbelievably he has fought back from severe haemolytic aneamia.. No long term side affects would exist from this condition but with the agressive treatment of a whole cocktail of drugs administered intravenously through his leg, the swelling this caused has resulted in tissue damage which eventually started rotting away..

You wouldn't think he was ever sick apart from the hobbling caused by the loss of the pads and flesh on his two toes. The left foot has also been affected by to a much lesser degree.

The skin is growing back quite quickly but some of the dead tissue still remains. I've snipped away as much as he would let me and the area I was really hoping was not affected, as it still had some pad, sadly tore away today when he heard the knock at the door.. (F*&%$£g tree fellers, I can't tell you how many of them knock on my door :cursing: ) The nail broke away with this piece and by the looks of things, what remained of his toe is now gone.

Shame, he's left pulling a permanent zap on his right foot!

Thanks for the support guys. My wife can't stomach the details so it helps to tell strangers who care. :thumbup:

Juno, pull yourself together and come get your hugs! :clap:

Sorry to be miserable this morning but this post on Facebook got to me it is from Animal Welfare Helderberg, a very important message for those that still breed their pets or haven't had them sterilised. Please adopt from shelters don't buy puppies.

post-268-0-08348500-1400135500_thumb.jpg

Tonight I write a little something from the heart. Today we had to say goodbye to some of our kennel dogs. And tonight as I sit here and write this, the tears roll down my cheeks and my heart is VERY sore. They may not have been my own dogs, but I loved them like they were. Some of the dogs had been at our kennels for close to a year, and were as special to me as my own dogs at home. People are quick to judge and slam us for euthanizing our dogs, but when we receive an astronomical amount of dogs through our doors and the kennels are FULL – what must we do? Our kennels do not believe in turning dogs away – if we do, where will they land up? At the rubbish dump or in the street? We play Sudoku on a daily basis, shuffling and re-shuffling our dogs in their kennels, trying to squeeze in an extra one here and an extra one there, trying to free up a kennel for one more dog. But we never seem to win and from where we sit at the kennels, and with all the unwanted, abandoned, stray, neglected and abused animals coming through our doors, there really doesn’t seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. And yet people still breed and breed and breed. And there are still more people that don’t care, than people who do. If you think it’s easy for us to make these decisions, it’s not. It’s more than heart wrenching. It’s painful. And it hurts. Not temporarily, but eternally. Even though we at the kennels are NOT to blame for this, we feel responsible. We grow to love these animals and we are the ones left with the emotional heartache. Tonight, I want to say something to our special Bonzo, who was one of the dogs we said goodbye to today. Dear Bonzo, Susan and I loved you from the day we met you. You crept into our hearts faster than we ever imagined. When you arrived at our kennels, we saw the hurt in your eyes and the aching in your heart. And though you were petrified of us at first, you learned quickly to trust us and always put a smile on our faces. You went from scuttling away from us, to running up to us. You went from hiding behind trees, to jumping up for kisses. Deep in our hearts we knew we wouldn’t be able to find you a new home but we didn’t stop hoping for a miracle. In your short life time, too much damage had been done and your heart was too hurt. But we tried and we tried and we tried. Sorry we failed you my boy. Sorry we couldn’t give you the happy ending that we wanted, and though we are not the ones to blame, we do feel responsible. Though you are no longer with us – you have left deep foot prints in our hearts and we will lovingly remember you forever more. Go well boy, till we meet again.

Hi Ian, unbelievably he has fought back from severe haemolytic aneamia.. No long term side affects would exist from this condition but with the agressive treatment of a whole cocktail of drugs administered intravenously through his leg, the swelling this caused has resulted in tissue damage which eventually started rotting away..

You wouldn't think he was ever sick apart from the hobbling caused by the loss of the pads and flesh on his two toes. The left foot has also been affected by to a much lesser degree.

The skin is growing back quite quickly but some of the dead tissue still remains. I've snipped away as much as he would let me and the area I was really hoping was not affected, as it still had some pad, sadly tore away today when he heard the knock at the door.. (F*&%$£g tree fellers, I can't tell you how many of them knock on my door :cursing: ) The nail broke away with this piece and by the looks of things, what remained of his toe is now gone.

Shame, he's left pulling a permanent zap on his right foot!

Thanks for the support guys. My wife can't stomach the details so it helps to tell strangers who care. :thumbup:

Juno, pull yourself together and come get your hugs! :clap:

So Deon has the tissue damage now stopped spreading and it's a matter of treating and removing the damaged tissue. How much use of his feet is he likely to have?

Is there anything we can do to assist, will he need funds for any sort of prosthesis?

If there is anything we can do please shout I feel so bad for Juno and you and I take my hat off to you for not giving up on him.

Sorry to be miserable this morning but this post on Facebook got to me it is from Animal Welfare Helderberg, a very important message for those that still breed their pets or haven't had them sterilised. Please adopt from shelters don't buy puppies.

post-268-0-08348500-1400135500_thumb.jpg

Tonight I write a little something from the heart. Today we had to say goodbye to some of our kennel dogs. And tonight as I sit here and write this, the tears roll down my cheeks and my heart is VERY sore. They may not have been my own dogs, but I loved them like they were. Some of the dogs had been at our kennels for close to a year, and were as special to me as my own dogs at home. People are quick to judge and slam us for euthanizing our dogs, but when we receive an astronomical amount of dogs through our doors and the kennels are FULL – what must we do? Our kennels do not believe in turning dogs away – if we do, where will they land up? At the rubbish dump or in the street? We play Sudoku on a daily basis, shuffling and re-shuffling our dogs in their kennels, trying to squeeze in an extra one here and an extra one there, trying to free up a kennel for one more dog. But we never seem to win and from where we sit at the kennels, and with all the unwanted, abandoned, stray, neglected and abused animals coming through our doors, there really doesn’t seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. And yet people still breed and breed and breed. And there are still more people that don’t care, than people who do. If you think it’s easy for us to make these decisions, it’s not. It’s more than heart wrenching. It’s painful. And it hurts. Not temporarily, but eternally. Even though we at the kennels are NOT to blame for this, we feel responsible. We grow to love these animals and we are the ones left with the emotional heartache. Tonight, I want to say something to our special Bonzo, who was one of the dogs we said goodbye to today. Dear Bonzo, Susan and I loved you from the day we met you. You crept into our hearts faster than we ever imagined. When you arrived at our kennels, we saw the hurt in your eyes and the aching in your heart. And though you were petrified of us at first, you learned quickly to trust us and always put a smile on our faces. You went from scuttling away from us, to running up to us. You went from hiding behind trees, to jumping up for kisses. Deep in our hearts we knew we wouldn’t be able to find you a new home but we didn’t stop hoping for a miracle. In your short life time, too much damage had been done and your heart was too hurt. But we tried and we tried and we tried. Sorry we failed you my boy. Sorry we couldn’t give you the happy ending that we wanted, and though we are not the ones to blame, we do feel responsible. Though you are no longer with us – you have left deep foot prints in our hearts and we will lovingly remember you forever more. Go well boy, till we meet again.

Maas, knop soos n appel in my keel.