Show us your pets

tunariaan

Yesterday at puppy school they brought in an Irish Wolfhound..oh flip they are huge.. but what a gentle giant..

Enzo is a little better at the obstacle course.. but is supposed to climb onto the elevated sniff pad just before the tunnel... he now jumps right over it .. that tunnel is far too much fun[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

0982372b68d55cf206549bd3acd0c43c.jpg

Edited by Gen

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As per gran's instructions tracking has started.. We have been very lazy getting going and should've started weeks ago, there has just been so much to learn but now that he has started teething tug play stops till teething is done, so now we can focus a bit on tracking.

When pup is hungry..Put stake in ground stomp out 600mm2 scatter food (he must not see the process)..lead him to area dont say a word and let him sniff and find kibble.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]..increase area in time.

Yes supposed to go out to a field that has NOT been contaminated by other dogs....so the front garden will do.. has a nice open patch too.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We will get to a field at some point

f149344a06457a264f90c602b2060adc.jpg

Edited by Gen

No wonder I'm feeling stressed at the moment........better get a lab soon for my health.

I am struggling to find the right puppy with a working background. The current batch were booked before they were born. The family is giving me flak for taking so long. They are making jokes about how "scarce" Labbies are! Holding thumbs.

Lol

Always best to rather wait for the right pup.

Had to say goodbye to our Bella yesterday. Just over 8 years old.  Cushing's disseas caused by tumor in gland situated in brain. 

R.I.P.

post-4178-0-16408100-1571136343_thumb.jpg

post-4178-0-54636600-1571136428_thumb.jpg

Had to say goodbye to our Bella yesterday. Just over 8 years old. Cushing's disseas caused by tumor in gland situated in brain.

R.I.P.

Terribly sorry for your loss.

Had to say goodbye to our Bella yesterday. Just over 8 years old.  Cushing's disseas caused by tumor in gland situated in brain. 

R.I.P.

Sorry for your loss :(

Lazy day for these 2

Makes me think of my mom who have 2 Labradors, since my father passed away earlier this year, the younger one decided to take up my dad's place on the bed when they go to sleep. He sleeps back to back with my mom on the bed and the older one sleeps on the floor next on her side of the bed. She has to step carefully over him when she wakes up. They now guard her like trained guard dogs.

When my mom raise her voice with the younger one the older one starts barking at him as if he is angry and giving him a piece of his mind.

Edited by BSG

Humans.. I am pooped

I played, cooled off in the pool, I napped..I repeated that..I went to visit the nursery school again..showed them how clever I am... I didn't fuss when the little hands rubbed me. I gave my favourite toy to my human without wanting to swap it for another toy.... I played ball..I waited for the command to bring (fetch) before I fetched the ball and took it straight back to my human..I learnt how to go onto the touch pad (bowl turned upside down)..and even turned while on the touch pad... and I had to leave the cats alone over and over again. My human kept on telling me that I am such a clever, good boy and I had so much fun again today...

366431eef4b6bc50bd1fbe23dc434989.jpg

Edited by Gen

there are a few dogs where I go for treatment where there are working dogs.

Therapy dogs. They are there to make the hoomans feel better, and just to bring a bit of cheer to the hoomans there.

Not all dogs are cut out for therapy dogs.

My folks have two pups.

One is a crazy bitch that can’t do anything slow. And then Max, the calmest little fur ball (till the lazer comes out). Patient and a hug monster, where Abby will never do.

Pictures please

This is a therapy thread

????

Edit:

Howz the budgie naming going?

Edited by SwissVan