tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, please help!!

You all know IanJ. This was the message he posted on Facebook last night :

"What a terrible, terrible day and one I will have nightmares about for some time.

Husky Haven was attacked by a swarm of bees today, Joy was taken to hospital by ambulance but is ok and back home.

Sonic and Jasmin were the first I came across who were in very bad shape, poor Sonic was trying to hide under his splash pool and screamed in agony when I picked him up. I went back for Jasmin and rushed them through to the vet.

I went back to get Spirit and Skylar who were next worst but Spirit was already dead when I got there. We got Skylar and rushed her also to the vet. Unfortunately she didn't make it and passed away.

I was stung several times and had to borrow a full gas mask from Philip my son to go back in to get the rest out. One by one we got them all out and up to the waiting cars who shuttled them to the vet who had called out all their available resources.

We need prayers for Sonic and Jasmin who are fighting for their lives and every single one of the rest of them who will be under observation for the night. They had all been stung to some extent or another.

We are also going to need some help with funds please, every single Haven dog is at the vet which is going to be expensive, please make donations to the Husky Rescue Account.

Account name: Husky Rescue SA

Bank: Standard Bank

Branch: Cape Gate

Branch Code: 02 39 10

Account number: 271 474 092

As we get news we will keep everyone updated please keep them all in your prayers.

I need to thank Philip Jones and Taryn Jones who were once again fantastic in arranging for the paramedics to attend to Joy and Taryn was a star helping me get the dogs out. Thank you also to all the Husky Rescue supporters who rushed out to help."

Eish! Not a nice thing to have to experience.

I was at the Vet yesterday and one owner came in with a dog stung multiple times by bees, Alberton area.

This fella was in our bedroom this week , and our maid wanted it dead. My wife however relocated it upstairs to the Gym. She would rather have the spider than Geckos. So I guess its our latest pet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palystes

(Our maid thinks we are plain crazy - when last home I relocated a snake from the linen cupboard to the veld down the road)

post-63-0-72754000-1412307061_thumb.jpg

This fella was in our bedroom this week , and our maid wanted it dead. My wife however relocated it upstairs to the Gym. She would rather have the spider than Geckos. So I guess its our latest pet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palystes

(Our maid thinks we are plain crazy - when last home I relocated a snake from the linen cupboard to the veld down the road)

i know i'm probably going to get flamed for this, but if I find that thing in my house it will die in about 30 cubic metres of Doom and be stomped upon repeatedly just to make sure. 

i know i'm probably going to get flamed for this, but if I find that thing in my house it will die in about 30 cubic metres of Doom and be stomped upon repeatedly just to make sure. 

No flaming , but , if I did posses a can of DOOM , I would use that. GRRRR :cursing: . You are lucky I like all animals . Hope I don't get a reprimand from Admin for this. ( Sorry fanievb , I know deep down you are a good guy.) The kids at my wife's creche are the same . All goggas MUST die. Happy to say , that 20 years from now , they will still remember that Aunty that introduced them to " all things small and wonderful ." On the lighter side , it is my wife's task to " relocate " all goggas found inside our house.

Edited by Tromp

a little feel good story.

this morning on 702, a guy called Percy calls in, His jack russel died while being operated on and left 2 puppies that aren't weaned yet. The SPCA suggested he put the puppies down, or he had to hand feed them every 2 hours, he spent the night feeding the 2 little puppies - this morning he asked for anyone that has a lactating jack russel that could serve as a foster mom for a few weeks and then he'd take the puppies back.

What was awesome was that he put the call out nationally, saying he was willing to fly the puppies out if necessary and they were his kids - really puts a smile on my face.

broom. gently sweep them out - you dont (my apostrophe key doesnt work on the hub????)  even have to go close to them.