Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Jack. My mate took him in about two months ago. He took to me when I stayed in Durbs this weekend. A bit too much! He had me up in the wee hours scratching around in the "dungeon" I slept in...

attachicon.gifCIpX_fMWwAA0xc0.jpg    

Like the look on the cat

Pictures as promised, excuse the paint on Mika, she lay against the house and the paints wet as I'm getting it ready for sale

So sad having to leave your furry buddies, hope you find a place for them

friday night and a heat wave here in Europe. I'm eating my lovely dinner when the cat comes in with a bird in its mouth, birdy still alive of course. So I'm trying to save the bird from the cat, bird goes flying around the room, shitting on my white wall. Luckily I can catch it and release it. It was still very capable of flying, pfew, so I hope it survives.

This is the result....
http://i60.tinypic.com/2yvqulk.jpg

After four weeks of working away followed by a two week vacation, we were reunited with our two bundles of energy last night. It looks like they had a great time on the farm.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1435987387.793001.jpg

Nothing like a run on the farm.

This old lady was delivered this morning, a surprise for Olivia, who is enjoying her riding so much. A really gentle horse, who enjoys scratches and carrots.

post-2975-1435998859,4411.jpg

Olivia is away spending time with her grandparents, so this will be a surprise when she gets home tomorrow.

This old lady was delivered this morning, a surprise for Olivia, who is enjoying her riding so much. A really gentle horse, who enjoys scratches and carrots.

attachicon.gifIMG-20150704-WA0000.jpg

Olivia is away spending time with her grandparents, so this will be a surprise when she gets home tomorrow.

Really fun and relaxing spending time with horses

How long do you guys take to tune up the dogs to running fitness?

My ridgey runs all day every day with serious naps inbetween... but when running with me the wheels comes off rather quickly. I am gradually building up her running - maybe it's better to actually run her in the mountain so she gets even more distraction - and variety in terrain?

And no, she's not 6 months! Almost 3 years, so everything is settled ito hips and elbows, etc. I only started running with her every now and then recently and has been very gradual in the build-up. She's up to about 4 k's of road running now. But maybe I'm just overly cautious - after all, they're bred to run! 

4 to max 8km

Wont do more with big dogs.

My dogs dont run that much more hikes

Although when stuka was young he did some speedwork with me

He got a 12:04 for a 3km but that was pushing it.

Now he just tags along.

attachicon.gifIMG-20150704-WA0000.jpg

So we arrived back home, and Olivia saw the horse in her paddock behind our house. What horse is that, and why's there another horse here, I've got 2 Basotho ponies.

She burst into tears when we told her the horse was hers.

post-2975-1436171030,9415.jpg

Tugela was spoilt and then ridden all afternoon. That name's going to have to change, too much like Tequila ;-)