Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The exact opposite of my dogs. Since day 1, if they see a person they will rip my arm out if it's socket to go and greet them. I wish they were like Enzo!

Lol.

When we got him all he wanted to do was play with people...but it took one session of treats and toy distraction and it was much better, till of course not 100 he is only a pup..it takes time and persistence and Importantly consistency..but getting there step by step.

Think it may just he harder to train people not to come up to your dog and pet them than it is to train dogs and people get offended when you say no sorry pls don't pet him.

I am not going to go up and play with a stranger's human baby now am I..[emoji849][emoji23]

Last month we had a report of a crime incident in the Fort Klapperkop reserve and I decided to take Ranger for his first bush sweep. He has been in the bush with me but never an active patrol and this is how he reacted. Shortly after the video was taken one of the security guards emerged from the bushes, which was what he was reacting to and he went into attack mode, he has never been trained to do this so it was pure instinct. To his credit the security guard stood absolutely still until I could get Ranger under control. He asked me afterwards "Sal hy my gebyt het?" my answer of "net so bietjie" did not do anything to reassure him as he tried to work out what damage a 60kg Rhodesian Ridgeback would've done to him.

Two weeks after that we had another report of someone jumping the fence and I took him out again, he needed very little encouragement as he picked up the scent quickly and the chase was on. Fortunately for the fence jumper he dived into a stormwater drain and I did not want to put my dog at risk so he got away, but I have no doubt that if they see Ranger they're not going to hang around. Things have been quiet in the reserve of late :thumbup:

post-13836-0-37378700-1568279614_thumb.jpg

post-13836-0-18976900-1568279633_thumb.jpg

Edited by River Rat

Lol.

When we got him all he wanted to do was play with people...but it took one session of treats and toy distraction and it was much better, till of course not 100 he is only a pup..it takes time and persistence and Importantly consistency..but getting there step by step.

Think it may just he harder to train people not to come up to your dog and pet them than it is to train dogs and people get offended when you say no sorry pls don't pet him.

I am not going to go up and play with a stranger's human baby now am I..[emoji849][emoji23]

So true. A friend does fostering of dogs that need help with their issues and a normal family home before they can be adopted and sadly they have often been abused too. So the dogs all have printed yellow bandanas and a big yellow tag attached to the walking harness saying 'Please give me space' when being taken out for walks etc.

Yet the number of idiots that come to pet the dogs is astounding.

So if Bagheera cat can be on the couch so can I....right, right?

He went for his 12 week shots today.. he weighs 17kg.[emoji33]

6370fd6d0884b80bd9e3fe767adbf7d6.jpg

He has a valid point..... I wouldn't be able to resist that face!

He has a valid point..... I wouldn't be able to resist that face!

The funniest bit was when he saw Bagheera start cleaning himself ..he also started [emoji23][emoji23]

Bagheera is his buddy..the other pets want buggerall to do with him..the 2 dogs are old and grumpy and don't want to play and the other cats just run away..

But my son is strict, so he fetched his blanket and he got off and onto the floor on his blankie.[emoji23][emoji23]

I somehow think Enzo had a bit of help getting onto the couch [emoji38]

Ha ha ha..yeah Bagheera is a clever cat[emoji6]