Show us your pets

tunariaan

That was such an amazing video. Can't believe after all she went through that she turned out into such a nice dog.

Couldn't hold it against her if she tried to take your hand off. Thats why I'd rather spend time with animals than have to deal with other people.

Agreed, put me with animals, if I can't have that next best thing is a computer.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up in the mounntains behing George, Cradock piek om presies te wees

Nice. How much stamina does a Rottie have if you take them along for a jog?

You should really only start to do distance when the Rottie is older than 2 years,, its bad for joint since the grow up to 2 years but you will know i see you have Rotties aswell.

the max we have done was a 18km but that was too far

If you do 2 or 3km runs say twice a week he can do a qucker 5km and a easy 8km

would not do more than that if the dog is not super fit, we are runners and they spend a lot of time on the trails with us.

when fit , 5km and no more would be safe, also make sure all xrays are done and you know there is no problems that you dont know of

Give them little water not too muck straigh after that and leave it a good 30min before you feed them

You should really only start to do distance when the Rottie is older than 2 years,, its bad for joint since the grow up to 2 years but you will know i see you have Rotties aswell.

the max we have done was a 18km but that was too far

If you do 2 or 3km runs say twice a week he can do a qucker 5km and a easy 8km

would not do more than that if the dog is not super fit, we are runners and they spend a lot of time on the trails with us.

when fit , 5km and no more would be safe, also make sure all xrays are done and you know there is no problems that you dont know of

Give them little water not too muck straigh after that and leave it a good 30min before you feed them

Thanks for that. The only problem for me would be the other dogs roaming the streets. Probably better to load the dog in the car and go to a safe place outside of town

Thanks for that. The only problem for me would be the other dogs roaming the streets. Probably better to load the dog in the car and go to a safe place outside of town

Huge issue for us - we walk 6 dogs through our neighbourhood that has no spaces anymore where you walk your dogs away from other roaming dogs - previously the schools allowed this on their rugby fields, but that has now been closed down after people did not clean up after their dogs (why does it always take one irresponsible individual to stuff things up for everyone else ?). So now we walk them just before dark through the neighbourhood where so many people let their dogs run loose, so we have had a few close calls with especially smaller breeds storming our pack. I have now taken to walking with a tazer on me since that noise tends to frighten other dogs off, but what often happens is that my pack get so worked up that they start going at each other. So the only other option is to load them all into the car and drive to places 10 or 15km away where we can walk them away from other dogs - which is what we try to do over weekends. Not ideal... and again the consequence of irresponsible pet ownership... sadly.

I have a good video on FB.. how do I post it here?

Oops, ignore that. Thought you said Youtube.

Edited by Tumbleweed

I have a good video on FB.. how do I post it here?

Search for the video on Youtube and then post the link here, TheHub will automatically pick up the content from Youtube, but cannot from your FB as that is obviously restricted.

Often the video will have a little Youtube sign on the bottom right hand which then takes you to Youtube to watch the video there.

Search for the video on Youtube and then post the link here, TheHub will automatically pick up the content from Youtube, but cannot from your FB as that is obviously restricted.

Often the video will have a little Youtube sign on the bottom right hand which then takes you to Youtube to watch the video there.

Yip, but some videos are uploaded directly to FB and never uploaded to YouTube.

If that's the case then the only thing you can do is paste the FB link here, provided its not posted on your own profile, for privacy reasons.