Usn phedra cut for weight loss

All good advice thanks. My biggest problem is the 13 hour work day. Plus weekends . I only get to ride friday evening and sunday morning 6 am. And when you are tired at work then a pie or choc goes down well. I used to have a smoke but stopped that a year ago. Think i will avoid the pills and try willpower instead

Bro, I know exactly where you're coming from. A pie is just so cheap & easy, and then it goes down like a Russian hooker in tourist season.

Myself - I'm on a high-protein diet, and am starting up the training again after a 2 week break thanks to concussion & flu. Should see lekker results from here...

I need to get down to 90kg, and then I'll be very happy...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing weight is about what you eat but at it's most basic level it's a numbers game. When I struggled to lose I wrote down everything I ate and added up the calories as I ate. Work out your daily calorie needs (tons of websites available with calculators), then eat less than that. Simple.

Eat low GI and raw veg and you'll have an easier time of it. Taking in blood sugar stabilisers like green tea helps too.

I just lost nearly 10kg in 2 months - 93 down to 84 so far.

And in the end what actually make you loose weight is the fact that you eat less an exercise more.

So why then not just stick to that?

This is so wrong.

Eat less, NO.

Exercise more, YES at lower heart rate levels.

The more regular small meals you eat a day, speeds up the metabolism, the more you train the more fuel the body needs.

Minimise the carbs and eat more smaller meals.

This is so wrong.

Eat less, NO.

The more regular small meals you eat a day, speeds up the metabolism, the more you train the more fuel the body needs.

That's what I'm doing at the moment. It worked for the first few days I was doing it, then concussion/flu. Feck.

I always thought it was more to do with WHAT you ate and how often than how MUCH you ate if you were already an 'exerciser' so to speak :unsure:

I agree 100% the more you weigh yourself the more determination you get. Also the biggest thing that helped me was to cut out seconds, the plate you dished up in the first place is more than enough, we eat the second plate because we want to not because we have to. If you have to eat because the food is nice rather eat smaller portions of it more often than two big plate fulls.

If you want to improve something ....measure it. Principal applies to work, and at home.

Cut out coke/fizzy drinks, use less sugar in tea/coffee, minmise carbs, esp in evening. Dont use gels on a long ride. drink weak energy drink/water. I did this for 1/2 IM, lost 5 kgs quick quick.....and train lots...! :D

This is so wrong.

Eat less, NO.

Its not so much about just eating less but that you need a negative calorie balance to be able to loose weight, and that’s a law. So for people that don’t have the time available for long exercise sessions a similar calorie deficit can be achieved by eating less (though not as healthy).

The trick to it is keeping things as constant as possible during the process, your insulin levels, input energy levels, even the energy you burn, and that’s as much physiological as psychological.

So as Dangle says, small meals keeps your energy levels constant and less likely to dip and you end up binging!

Riding lower HR levels, your body can break down body fat for energy without you requiring additional fuel.

Its not so much about just eating less but that you need a negative calorie balance to be able to loose weight, and that’s a law.

I agree on the negative calorie balance, as for it being a law, not so much.

The problem is that once people pack on that nice hard fat, they need to get rid of it, normally it's way too late, so a simple well balanced diet minimising carb intake goes a long way in fixing the problem.

I don't think we realise how much carbs we take in, and when you tap your fat and it's as hard as a rugby ball, then there will be enough carbs to make 2 airbuses of skinny people fat (exaggeration for dramatic effect :lol: )

I think it works. Last time around I lost a lot more weight whilst training and using the pills. This time I am training just as much but got stuck at a certain weight.

Maybe its the placebo effect, maybe not....

If you want stuff that mess you up, try thinz.... that **** is hectic.

I agree on the negative calorie balance, as for it being a law, not so much.

The problem is that once people pack on that nice hard fat, they need to get rid of it, normally it's way too late, so a simple well balanced diet minimising carb intake goes a long way in fixing the problem.

I don't think we realise how much carbs we take in, and when you tap your fat and it's as hard as a rugby ball, then there will be enough carbs to make 2 airbuses of skinny people fat (exaggeration for dramatic effect :lol: )

Eeeeuw. hahaha

I agree on the balanced meals, your body needs a whole range of nutrients to be healthy, but I think we differ on the whole carb story. Carbs are fuel, and too much fuel is bad, and fuel that messes with you insulin levels is bad. But you need the healthy carbs to maintain your energy levels, especially if you exercise.

As for tapping the fat...I always wanted to get into the soap making business. :clap:

Eeeeuw. hahaha

I agree on the balanced meals, your body needs a whole range of nutrients to be healthy, but I think we differ on the whole carb story. Carbs are fuel, and too much fuel is bad, and fuel that messes with you insulin levels is bad. But you need the healthy carbs to maintain your energy levels, especially if you exercise.

As for tapping the fat...I always wanted to get into the soap making business. :clap:

That's a common misconception that is being de-bunked at the moment... We don't need high amounts of carbs to carry on exercising at our optimum - our fat stores can provide all the fuel we need! Yes, we do need a certain amount of carbohydrate, but not nearly as much as the commonly accepted dietary plans would make us believe.

But - it does take the body a while to adapt to burning our fat stores, as opposed to relying on the intake of carbohydrate...

Eeeeuw. hahaha

We are agreeing on the same thing.

All I am saying, once you get fat from neglect, then there is enough carbs in storage, so adding on to that, get's you nowhere.

An athlete with an extremely low body fat % should not have a problem.

The old one may have worked but the active ingredient has been banned and is no longer used so I would say the answer is no

It you ask nicely I can hook you up with something thats makes the Old Phedra cut look like smarties!

We are agreeing on the same thing.

All I am saying, once you get fat from neglect, then there is enough carbs in storage, so adding on to that, get's you nowhere.

An athlete with an extremely low body fat % should not have a problem.

Guess my view is just I've always looked at energy as a whole, I've never focussed on carbs. I see all food as energy, but its important to understand the rate at which that energy is released into your system.

That's a common misconception that is being de-bunked at the moment... We don't need high amounts of carbs to carry on exercising at our optimum - our fat stores can provide all the fuel we need! Yes, we do need a certain amount of carbohydrate, but not nearly as much as the commonly accepted dietary plans would make us believe.

But - it does take the body a while to adapt to burning our fat stores, as opposed to relying on the intake of carbohydrate...

Amen brother! :thumbup: