Tankman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Albasini, GreenEdge, in the mix?

He is such a surprize package.

No it looks like not. I see Daryl Impey is there though.

Looks like they are betting on some stages with Mathew Goss.

No it looks like not. I see Daryl Impey is there though.

Looks like they are betting on some stages with Mathew Goss.

Me think Albasini is wrapped in cotton wool until Le Tour...

Me think Albasini is wrapped in cotton wool until Le Tour...

:) - Yeah, probably, its not a very strong team Green edge is sending, looks like they will only be concentrating on some sprint stages.

Scarponi is saying he feels good and wants to win, probably a bit of mental tactics but I think he has a strong team, a real good climber and can hold his own in most situations - I am feeling confident. :rolleyes:

Frank Scheck?

Gonna be intriguing to see how he fares.

He is obviously thrusted to the front after some key injuries in the RNT team.

Frank Scheck?

Gonna be intriguing to see how he fares.

He is obviously thrusted to the front after some key injuries in the RNT team.

Maybe, but I dont think his form or his mind are there. Its been years (at least 5 or 6) since he did a grand tour on his own, it will be like starting again for him. :)

I hope he is competitive as he could well be a podium contender, but my initial feeling is ...... Naa, not gonna happen.

I was just looking at the calender and I see the first rest day is very early on 08 May, thats hardly after only three days of racing and one of those days been a short ITT .

The next rest day is on the 21 May - that's hectic, a solid 12 days of tough racing - gonna be hard, but that's the Giro, never scared to mix it up a bit.

Maybe, but I dont think his form or his mind are there. Its been years (at least 5 or 6) since he did a grand tour on his own, it will be like starting again for him. :)

I hope he is competitive as he could well be a podium contender, but my initial feeling is ...... Naa, not gonna happen.

I think Frank's form will be fine by the 3rd week and he should be strong,he will the real danger man and should be able to take the Giro...BUT i agree it will be hes mind that I am not sure of.He is still dead set on doing well at the Tour and if he holds back because he is worried what the Giro might do to hes Tour hopes then he won't even be in the top 10.If he is not 100% there to win this thing he will probably just use some excuse of not being able to prepare or something.I really hope he sorts himself out and goes for this big time,will be the best thing ever for both him and Andy.

If I had to bet on it now I would go with him not being 100% focussed for the win and he will end up being very bad.Hope he proves me wrong.

For now I want to back Kreuziger for a surprize win.

This tdf won't be a good one for Nibali (or the Schlecks, for that matter) to focus on. It has lot and lots of TT kms, GC riders with the best TT ability will fill the podium - Evans, Wiggins, Leipheimer, perhaps even Martin. Nibali is very good at TT, but he will lose time to those I mentioned.

What time is the action starting on RAI, last year it was on in the late afternoon.

Anyone know?

Highlights on SS5 and SS6 at night, should be good enough, cant wait

Edited by Spat

Scarponi and Kreuzinger for GC don't think Basso will make top 5

It's Basso's final opportunity before he retires, I think.

I think it is time for Roman to show some of his class.

Such a pity he was lost to Leaky Gas two seasons ago.

This tdf won't be a good one for Nibali (or the Schlecks, for that matter) to focus on. It has lot and lots of TT kms, GC riders with the best TT ability will fill the podium - Evans, Wiggins, Leipheimer, perhaps even Martin. Nibali is very good at TT, but he will lose time to those I mentioned.

Dunno about Levi this year, Christie.

He is a doubtful starter for the Tour of Cali. Still hurting after that terrible collision with a car.