Giro d'Italia 2012

Tankman

This tdf won't be a good one for Nibali (or the Schlecks, for that matter) to focus on. It has lot and lots of TT kms, GC riders with the best TT ability will fill the podium - Evans, Wiggins, Leipheimer, perhaps even Martin. Nibali is very good at TT, but he will lose time to those I mentioned.

Yeah my feelings regarding Nibs exactly as well. Add that he has some serious form right now and its a mystery to me why they did not send him to the Giro.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This tdf won't be a good one for Nibali (or the Schlecks, for that matter) to focus on. It has lot and lots of TT kms, GC riders with the best TT ability will fill the podium - Evans, Wiggins, Leipheimer, perhaps even Martin. Nibali is very good at TT, but he will lose time to those I mentioned.

Most of those riders are not in the Giro..

Only Frank Slack,no Evans,no Wiggins They are all just focussing on the Tdf

It's Basso's final opportunity before he retires, I think.

I think it is time for Roman to show some of his class.

Such a pity he was lost to Leaky Gas two seasons ago.

Basso has no form and is not rated

Basso has no form and is not rated

Thats not true Kransie, he rates himself.......but he is the only one.! :lol:

Amgen Tour Of California will be shown live, 22:30-01:15

I find this race a huge bore, only the tour of Outer Mongolia is probably worse, all American Ra,Ra, and no substance.

Thats not true Kransie, he rates himself.......but he is the only one.! :lol:

Cycling News has an interesting article on the top 10 contenders and I must admit that for such a great race I am underwhelmed by them

Very disappointing that there are no real big boys.There will still be great racing tho

Well considering how all the 'big boys' have failed to deliver this season, will they be missed? Although there are some still hoping to redeem themselves, like Big Bru Schlep and Thor

Cycling News has an interesting article on the top 10 contenders and I must admit that for such a great race I am underwhelmed by them

Very disappointing that there are no real big boys.There will still be great racing tho

True, but it depends on what you mean, personally I am not really interested in "names" on seats, as they usually tend to under perform and over complain, but if you look at some of the riders you can see some great fighters who will make some really good racing, I think of Emanuel Sella, Jose Rujano, Rodriguez, Kreuziger and others, these guys just go all out and last man standing wins - and that's what I love to watch.

I love the way lasy year they were asking Andy about how tough Mount Baldy was compared to the top European climbs, they were trying to get him say that it was the toughest climb he has ever ridden, got news for them

Yeah, when an old has been like Horner wins the event you just have to wonder about its difficulty rating.!

I usually only activate my DSTV for July TDF. Is it worth getting it activated for the Giro or is the coverage crap? I would love to watch the whole stage where they climb 5000m in 200km

Jose Rujano impressed me immensely with his climbing last year.

Yeah, he is getting his career back on track it seems, he spent some time in the wilderness but he is a fantastic climber and on a good day I think few could stay with him.

I usually only activate my DSTV for July TDF. Is it worth getting it activated for the Giro or is the coverage crap? I would love to watch the whole stage where they climb 5000m in 200km

I would forget July and activate today, tomorrow the Giro starts and theres no time to lose.!

....but jokes aside, I think so, I doubt you will be disappointed.

I see there is only the first 3 stages for this week on Supersport and its half an hour highlights. Im gna catch the live feeds if I am work. Checkout www.steephill.tv if you have a good network feed. RAI is really good to watch in the afternoon even if it is in Italian. As long as you know the teams and riders you get a fair idea of whats going on. The commentators get really excited.