Disappointing experience from Olympic Cycles Web shop

Gearman

Guys should really say if items are in stock or not.Really peeves me when peaple FIRST take your money and they you only find out items not in stock.Ordered some cycling kit online from a SA website,paid,still waiting over a month and dont hear a thing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you see those CWC prices vs the other site you almost feel like you are robbed ......

R5 476 for a cassette. They must be joking........R2 385 for a 105 chain ring. Good grief, you can get a complete crankset for that price.

Are some of these differences actually possible??

Amazing the difference

Really... no courier charge?

Did a quick comparison on a couple of items with CWC

You hired the courier company for the day mate! laugh.gif

First Olympic then CWC:

post-7579-0-64980500-1317645307.jpg

post-7579-0-56627800-1317645306.jpg

post-7579-0-74164000-1317645716.jpg

post-7579-0-75428300-1317645715.jpg

post-7579-0-00217700-1317645720.jpg

post-7579-0-57898700-1317645718.jpg

post-7579-0-78317400-1317645721.jpg

post-7579-0-77644000-1317645720.jpg

post-7579-0-27662400-1317645725.jpg

post-7579-0-43334500-1317645726.jpg

post-7579-0-14093800-1317645729.jpg

post-7579-0-89980800-1317645727.jpg

R5 476 for a cassette. They must be joking........R2 385 for a 105 chain ring. Good grief, you can get a complete crankset for that price.

If you are a JHB buyer and purchase enough stock from CWC vs this site, you actually get plane tickets down to CT, collect from CWC, go for a ride and then head back home .... and still make a couple of Z.A.R saving ohmy.gif

At least a semi happy ending for us. I was refunded and they said we can keep the tyres for the inconvience caused.

At least a semi happy ending for us. I was refunded and they said we can keep the tyres for the inconvience caused.

Glad they tried to resolve the situation.

• 6 months later...

And to this day, they still manage to fail parlessly at providing a professional service to all their customers and not just a select few.

It pays to compare and make a few calls. Olympic's XTR pedals were a couple of hundred Rand more than CWC, but then I have to drive out to Tygervalley which costs time and diesel. I gave Paul at Olympic the CWC price and he matched it. 10 minute drive from the office to their shop.

It pays to compare and make a few calls. Olympic's XTR pedals were a couple of hundred Rand more than CWC, but then I have to drive out to Tygervalley which costs time and diesel. I gave Paul at Olympic the CWC price and he matched it. 10 minute drive from the office to their shop.

Why can they knock a few hundred off the price just coz u ask? Why not offer you the right price in the first place? What about the guy that doesn't ask and then see's CWC's price afterwards? IMO they've always been horribly overpriced on 99% of their stock, their workmanship is horrible and their integrity is questionable (all based on personal experience).

That was most likely their normal price that they knocked down. Nothing wrong with setting a margin, or digging into that margin to secure a sale. It's called business, Edge...

That was most likely their normal price that they knocked down. Nothing wrong with setting a margin, or digging into that margin to secure a sale. It's called business, Edge...

Their margin is always way off ....might be business ....but not good business..!

Their margin is always way off ....might be business ....but not good business..!

Yeah, I agree urbanroyal.

I have been around the business block for a few years and it never works to sell at one price to one customer and another price to someone else. Generally customers see that as gouging, not business, and nothing upsets a customer more than to hear he paid more than someone else.

..........and believe me, hear he will, somehow, somewhere that customer will hear he paid more and will never support you again.

In my mind its a great way to go bankrupt.

They tried to sell me some campag Swissstop Yellow brake pads after I asked for sram... :whistling: